Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Obgyn Dr. Morgan vs Dr. Segal
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:45 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
What's the midwife group at Jersey shore?
And who are the drs they work with?

Yes, would love to know the same.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:46 pm
I second dr Baum. I just had a vbac with his group and was really happy. It was early and an emergency situation and the dr was calm and let me vbac even when I thought it wouldn’t happen

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:48 pm
saep09 wrote:
Dr. Baum in freehold is amazing with vbac and takes medicaid

Thanks, I've heard such conflicting things about him here on imamother. Misdiagnosed breech due to lack of ultrasound use, not cleaning out patient properly, patients needing d and c, bad csection....
I'm nervous about him, what has been your experience?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:52 pm
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
I use ocean ob gyn associates on cross and the 70. Had two births with them been really happy big practice with Dr's and midwives but u can request diff ones once u see who u like. ( can't request by birth but there's a doc and midwife on call for births and u can request to get the doc cuz he's in the hospital - they do birth at cmc in Tom's River super chilled calm hospital loved it there!) They take medicaid just not Aetna medicaid plan I believe for some reason.

By big practice does that mean too many doctors? How do they stayed tuned in to the patients needs? I heard it is hard to reach their office and get dr response, I am nervous about that especially being high risk I need to be able to come in often easily. What has your experience been?

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 2:32 pm
I found them to be very on top of things. I really liked most of the Dr's and midwives and u cud try to get the same few. There's a frum midwife there now too thts awesome!! I had some complications but nothing too high risk but I found tht I was able to get appointments when I needed I believe it has gotten easier since they r less strict w covid protocol now. It is definitely getting busier n busier tho as in more patients cuz of all the developments thr r near there so more ppl use....but someone did make a point in terms of the fact that cmc doesn't have a nicu so if high risk as in with the baby Idk if I'd recommend for u.

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 7:21 pm
IF you are high risk, a midwife practice should not be an option. They responsibly are not allowed to accept a high risk patient.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 5:24 pm
I didn't get a call back (after 2 messages) and all this wait time for an appointment until now. It is making me really nervous, and I am second guessing my decision. I am wondering if I can get on an insurance plan now. Anyone know which insurance Dr segal accepts?

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 6:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didn't get a call back (after 2 messages) and all this wait time for an appointment until now. It is making me really nervous, and I am second guessing my decision. I am wondering if I can get on an insurance plan now. Anyone know which insurance Dr segal accepts?

Dr Segal is at RWJ, they accept pretty much anything besides jerseycare

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 6:49 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
What's the midwife group at Jersey shore?
And who are the drs they work with?

I used them as well. At that time, Dr Morgan was their backup (which is why I used him when I needed to.) I'm not sure if this is still the case, because it's been quite a few years.....I know he was still their backup doctor 5 years ago.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 7:49 pm
Thanks, I guess I'll call and get their list and see what my cheapest option is....

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 9:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, I guess I'll call and get their list and see what my cheapest option is....

Op bumping up this thread curious who you used?
Did you use Dr Morgan?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 12:30 am
amother Pearl wrote:
Op bumping up this thread curious who you used?
Did you use Dr Morgan?

Believe it or not (well no one who knows me believed me) I ended up using ocean out of a lack of choice. I had the best delivery of my life! I was nervous about them being on top of my issues and had to advocate and repeat myself at each appointment which I didn't love. But when it came closer to the end and my issues started kicking in they did all they were supposed to. They told me I need to be seen every 2 days (which was protocol with my other doctors too) but when I decided to skip a visit erev shabbos because I was scared they would send me in (dumb, I know!) I was shocked to get a call from them, where I was! I found out after that a midwife that I did not even see but was following my case, asked for the Friday update. When they said I didn't come in she had them call me and make me come in. I couldn't believe it. Never had that with my high risk doctors. I came in and of course was sent to the hospital. But they were so good and not alarmist. When they saw it was stable enough to let me go they let me go home for shabbos with strict instructions and if all stays the same return Monday. I came back Monday and they rightfully suggested an induction (which my other Dr did ar 36-37 weeks, here I was 37.2) and I agreed. I had a great experience in community hospital as well. My birth was so amazing, I even got to catch my baby myself (which I decided after so many births to finally be a part of it and I am so grateful for the opportunity!!!) The midwives delivered me so I got my natural (with doctors there). No tearing or trauma bH! I even cut the cord and told my husband what we had (we didn't find out before!)
All in all bH it worked out amazing! Was I nervous, yes!!! Seeing a diff doc each time and reexplaining my issues wasn't fun...being my own advocate before issues came up...they do have ultrasound on premises so that was good. I was not used to a group but bH in the end I had the greatest experience and for that I am forever grateful.
Much hatzlocha!

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 10:32 am
amother OP wrote:
Believe it or not (well no one who knows me believed me) I ended up using ocean out of a lack of choice. I had the best delivery of my life! I was nervous about them being on top of my issues and had to advocate and repeat myself at each appointment which I didn't love. But when it came closer to the end and my issues started kicking in they did all they were supposed to. They told me I need to be seen every 2 days (which was protocol with my other doctors too) but when I decided to skip a visit erev shabbos because I was scared they would send me in (dumb, I know!) I was shocked to get a call from them, where I was! I found out after that a midwife that I did not even see but was following my case, asked for the Friday update. When they said I didn't come in she had them call me and make me come in. I couldn't believe it. Never had that with my high risk doctors. I came in and of course was sent to the hospital. But they were so good and not alarmist. When they saw it was stable enough to let me go they let me go home for shabbos with strict instructions and if all stays the same return Monday. I came back Monday and they rightfully suggested an induction (which my other Dr did ar 36-37 weeks, here I was 37.2) and I agreed. I had a great experience in community hospital as well. My birth was so amazing, I even got to catch my baby myself (which I decided after so many births to finally be a part of it and I am so grateful for the opportunity!!!) The midwives delivered me so I got my natural (with doctors there). No tearing or trauma bH! I even cut the cord and told my husband what we had (we didn't find out before!)
All in all bH it worked out amazing! Was I nervous, yes!!! Seeing a diff doc each time and reexplaining my issues wasn't fun...being my own advocate before issues came up...they do have ultrasound on premises so that was good. I was not used to a group but bH in the end I had the greatest experience and for that I am forever grateful.
Much hatzlocha!

I am shocked! You went from Abdelhak to Ocean?!
What happened with Dr Morgan?

I'm dealing with the same dilemma now need a VBAC and eo is saying it's only Abdelhak 13K out of pocket....

I'm trying to do some research is there anyone that is better but not 13K
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries