Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Standing Help
Previous  1  2

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:22 am
amother [ Steelblue ] wrote:
I just went through this with my first boy. He's 3.5 years old. I toilet trained him sitting down and taught him to hold his p3nis down so he doesn't spray everywhere. He went to camp and discovered that boys pish standing up so he insisted on doing so at home. We had some mishaps until he got the hang of it, but now he's a pro. I told DH that it's his department to teach our son aiming techniques and how to keep his tzitzis clear of the toilet. I don't exactly have any experience with that. LOL

As far as I can tell now, DS raises the toilet seat and leans forward so he doesn't dribble down on himself. He holds his p3nis to aim right into the toilet. If the toilet isn't low enough then he stands on a stool to reach more easily. Now that he pishes standing up it's much easier to send him to the bathroom by himself at home (he still needs help with #2) and it is much easier to take him to a public bathroom.

Hope this helps!

I guess you were not taught any better but it's assur for any male to touch thst area. You're not allowed to teach children to touch to aim and actually are supposed to teach them the opposite, never to touch there ever.

To the amother who recommended hands on the toilet - not a good idea because they will get it on themselves.

You just teach your child to lift the seat and stand over the toilet and yes you'll have to clean all the time because that's the reality of living with boys.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 12:37 pm
amother [ Tealblue ] wrote:
I guess you were not taught any better but it's assur for any male to touch thst area. You're not allowed to teach children to touch to aim and actually are supposed to teach them the opposite, never to touch there ever.

To the amother who recommended hands on the toilet - not a good idea because they will get it on themselves.

You just teach your child to lift the seat and stand over the toilet and yes you'll have to clean all the time because that's the reality of living with boys.

We taught our boys to push down the aiver with a tissue.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 12:48 pm
It’s because he’s scared. He’s used to squatting so he struggles to release while standing.

Try different things, my son learned by going in a bowl. Don’t ask. He emptied in the toilet after.

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 12:49 pm

Maybe that's how they teach toilet training in your community but it's not a norm everywhere. There is nothing wrong with a little boy learning to aim where he pishes. By the time a boy reaches puberty he won't think anything about it because it's so normal to him. Making a part of his own body forbidden is much more likely to produce the very outcome you don't want.

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 12:56 pm

You’re definitely allowed to touch it in order not to spray everywhere. Please don’t make your future dils suffer.

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:07 pm
amother [ RosePink ] wrote:
You’re definitely allowed to touch it in order not to spray everywhere. Please don’t make your future dils suffer.

No you're not and the boys are taught this in cheder too. Did you ever ask a shaila or just assuming?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training