Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Alternative Home Remedies for Covid
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 9:08 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Sure!! Listen to imamother doctors.. ZELENKO protocol can have long term effects..WE don't know!!! Don't do it! It's not FDA approved for covid!!

I don't remember you saying not to take the vaccine when it wasn't fda approved. You had many reasons why it was safe. Why is this any different?

fleetwood

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 9:37 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Please be nice to Fleetwood. She takes good care of me on here 🙂

Thanks bubby..I'm not insulted by the oh so horrible CNN attack..she obviously knows nothing about me or she wouldn't have made such a stupid comment..

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 10:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's already a week and I'm still weak and nauseous. My headaches are way less severe but not totally gone either. Is it normal? What can I do?

Bumping up my post that got lost in the stupid argument.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 12:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Refuah sheleima
Bumping it for you Wink
I have no great advice, other than trying to sleep (I know, y’t obligations...) and lots of tea and chicken soup Smile
I found that Covid had me terribly fatigued and dehydrated. I felt like in a horriblefirst trimester (and it was erev pesach Banging head )
Drinking lots of tea and vitamin water helped bh.

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 12:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It can take a while to get back to yourself. It’s normal

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 1:18 pm
amother [ DarkPurple ] wrote:
Refuah sheleima
Bumping it for you Wink
I have no great advice, other than trying to sleep (I know, y’t obligations...) and lots of tea and chicken soup Smile
I found that Covid had me terribly fatigued and dehydrated. I felt like in a horriblefirst trimester (and it was erev pesach Banging head )
Drinking lots of tea and vitamin water helped bh.

Ha! After complaining of nausea and fatigue all yt, DH encouraged me to take a pregnancy test... even though I have an IUD!

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 1:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ha! After complaining of nausea and fatigue all yt, DH encouraged me to take a pregnancy test... even though I have an IUD!

And was it positive

amother
DarkGreen

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 2:12 pm
Refuah shelaima!

FWIW, my husband had a very bad case of COVID and was hospitalized for a while. While he was still at home, we started him on hydroxychloroquine and it made his heart rate go up super high. He had to stop it pretty quickly. He also took zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D, which didn't hurt him but didn't help. He ultimately only got better once he was admitted and put on steroids.

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 2:17 pm
amother [ DarkGreen ] wrote:
Refuah shelaima!

FWIW, my husband had a very bad case of COVID and was hospitalized for a while. While he was still at home, we started him on hydroxychloroquine and it made his heart rate go up super high. He had to stop it pretty quickly. He also took zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D, which didn't hurt him but didn't help. He ultimately only got better once he was admitted and put on steroids.

And in Monsey they are not taking to the hospital much treating everyone with ivermectin and hydro regimen

amother
DarkGreen

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 2:24 pm
I tried very hard to get a prescription for ivermectin but was unsuccessful. I was sure it was the key to my DH getting better. Shortly after my DH got out of the hospital, my friend's DH got COVID and was put on ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine, zinc, vitamin C, D, Quercetin, and a couple of other things. He still ended up on ECMO and almost died. BH he's on the mend now though not back to himself. Obviously, one case does not make a study, but it did have an affect on my faith in ivermectin.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 2:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

TBH, other than monoclonal antibodies, there isn't much you can do. Take Tylenol for fever and aches. Gatorade, Powerade or Vitamin Water for hydration. Chicken broth if you can keep it down. Get plenty of rest.

ETA -- use a pulse oximeter. One insidious thing about this disease is that people often don't realize that they are being deprived of oxygen. If you don't own one, Amazon has them for under $15.

Be alert to symptoms, and ready to call Hatzolah if (chas v'shalom) necessary. Breathing issues and hospitalization usually set in 10 days to 2 weeks after a positive test. But even if not, symptoms can persist a month or more, even without "long term" covid.

Refuah shleima.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 2:36 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I was told to use plain Mucinex.

Yes, early on they were saying Mucinex. And Primatene Mist. But I'm not sure either really worked all that well.

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 2:43 pm
DH and I are just getting over covid

- mucinex worked amazing - it gave breaks from the hacking cough. And when the cough came back the mucus was less for awhile.

- infusion. Took 6 hrs in hospital from start to finish. Helped dh within 12 hrs. I’m guessing it helped me but wasn’t so immediate

- drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink.

- our dr recommended vitamin regime + no sleeping on back
3-6 melatonin - to help with brain fog, also found it so hard to sleep
250 quercetin - helps with zinc absorption
1000 vitamin d (some say more)
500-1000 vitamin c - (some say more and some say none bec can increase inflammation)
50 zinc
325 aspirin

Ricolaw and honey also helped for raw throats
Lots of Advil for fever and headache

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 3:02 pm
amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:
And was it positive
I didnt do it

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 3:06 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
TBH, other than monoclonal antibodies, there isn't much you can do. Take Tylenol for fever and aches. Gatorade, Powerade or Vitamin Water for hydration. Chicken broth if you can keep it down. Get plenty of rest.

ETA -- use a pulse oximeter. One insidious thing about this disease is that people often don't realize that they are being deprived of oxygen. If you don't own one, Amazon has them for under $15.

Be alert to symptoms, and ready to call Hatzolah if (chas v'shalom) necessary. Breathing issues and hospitalization usually set in 10 days to 2 weeks after a positive test. But even if not, symptoms can persist a month or more, even without "long term" covid.

Refuah shleima.

they're only giving the antibodies now to ppl who are high risk. I'm drinking even though it's making me nauseous and staying mostly in bed

nanny24/7

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 3:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I found topical hydrogen peroxide in my cabinet. How can I use it besides for in a nebulizer? Someone wrote about a rub?

OP I see no one responded to this yet.
The topical 3% peroxide I have at home says on the back of the bottle that it can be used for gargling down in the throat or for swishing in the mouth like mouth wash. It said it can prevent tooth decay, and fight gingivitis, cancasores, or a sore throat.
It says to mix the peroxide with equal part water and use up to 4 times per day for children above age 2 and adults. It said to keep swishing it in the mouth for 1 whole minute.
It just says not to swallow it.
I assume any peroxide can be used as it said nothing about being food grade.
Another poster on this thread said about actually drinking water with a drop of peroxide. Perhaps to do that food grade would be needed.
refuah shleima!!
ETA I see my peroxide has an OU kashrus supervision symbol.
It is drefinitely the topical one
it says "TOPICAL SOLUTION USP" in big letters

Last edited by nanny24/7 on Thu, Sep 23 2021, 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

southernbubby

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 4:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
they're only giving the antibodies now to ppl who are high risk. I'm drinking even though it's making me nauseous and staying mostly in bed

I didn't stay in bed. It was a year ago, chol ha moed and I made soup and swept the floor. I didn't, however, babysit for the grandchildren, even though their parents also had Covid. That would have wiped me out.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 5:34 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]Bumping up my post that got lost in the stupid argument.[/quot

So sorry that you aren't well..try to rest. Hope you are better soon

Privet!

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 12:28 am
depending on how serious it is:
antibodies

generally: tea! breathing in steam in general clears the lungs - it gets you to cough.

Broth is an easy way to get calories, and again, breathe in the steam.

Wool socks helps increase blood flow. Achy joints are difficult to deal with, I wish you luck.

Keep drinking water. Hard-boiled eggs are good, especially to combat nausea.

But generally? get vaccinated.

amother
Quince

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 12:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I don’t know we’re you live. But there are referral agencies that can help you get the antibodies. Like if BMI over 25 (like if you are 5’4” and weight 150 you are eligible), any conditions, at risk kids. It’s worth a call to bikur cholim to find out.

Refuah shlaima!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics