Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Feeling pretty without makeup on yt
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 9:46 pm
Going to mikvah on Yom Tov, so can't wear long lasting makeup. I would love suggestions to feel pretty and dressed up and not shvach Smile

amother
Puce

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 9:51 pm
I had a lash lift done for this reason. Ask your lor bec mine says it needs to be done a few days in advance bec of the dye

amother
Hunter

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 9:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Going to mikvah on Yom Tov, so can't wear long lasting makeup. I would love suggestions to feel pretty and dressed up and not shvach Smile

Here's a hack: use self tanner. The extra color does wonders. You can also get your eyelashes dyed and permed.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 10:25 pm
Make sure your wig and eyebrows are done. Wear colors that look good on you. Use the opportunity to appreciate your innate beauty.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 10:34 pm
Lightly tinted eyeglasses gives that eyeshadow look and adds some color to your face.
A pretty hat with your wig helps.
Get your eyebrows and eyelashes tinted.
See if you can use powdered shabbos makeup.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:01 am
amother [ Stoneblue ] wrote:
Make sure your wig and eyebrows are done. Wear colors that look good on you. Use the opportunity to appreciate your innate beauty.

This. Eyebrows are important. Wig as well. A nice outfit and heels. Jewelry.

And ask if you can use powder foundation after you dip.

I don’t know when ur going but here’s what I do if I have to go right after Shabbos or in middle of yt:

-powder foundation
-blush
-lipstick that doesn’t stay
-“eyeliner” dip a thin eyeshadow brush into water and then into your darkest eyeshadow color. Apply as you would a eyeliner.

This washes off easily with water.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:02 am
amother [ Hunter ] wrote:
Here's a hack: use self tanner. The extra color does wonders. You can also get your eyelashes dyed and permed.

I’m pretty sure that would be a chazitzah…

amother
Strawberry

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:05 am
SuperWify wrote:

I'd be surprised if it would be. Especially ones that you mix into your moisturizer. But of course ask your LOR.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:25 am
Thanks for the responses. Eyebrows is a good idea, and maybe I'll consider permanent makeup some day (lazy me likes the idea).

I can get pretty pale, and I feel like I might just need to find out about Shabbos makeup. Any recommended brands, before we ask?

fbc

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:32 am
How about the shabbos makeup? It's loose powder so can be applied on shabbos. You just have to follow some halachos about how to put it on. I have one specific company called 7th day shine (right now I can't remember which rabbanim have their haskamah on it), but my mom has from a diff company that R fishelis from LES gave his haskamah on.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:43 am
SuperWify wrote:

Self tanner chemically changes the color of the top layer of skin. It isn't makeup. Why would it be a chatzitzah?

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 3:06 am
AYLOR because there are definitely strong perspectives that any form of Shabbos makeup no matter how powdery is just point-blank forbidden. Not to put down those who have a solid basis for using it, but if you have a rabbi or derech that you always follow, make sure this is consistent with them.

Amalia

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 3:14 am
fbc wrote:
How about the shabbos makeup? It's loose powder so can be applied on shabbos. You just have to follow some halachos about how to put it on. I have one specific company called 7th day shine (right now I can't remember which rabbanim have their haskamah on it), but my mom has from a diff company that R fishelis from LES gave his haskamah on.

Could you please find out what that company is called and how to contact them?

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 5:14 am
seeker wrote:
AYLOR because there are definitely strong perspectives that any form of Shabbos makeup no matter how powdery is just point-blank forbidden. Not to put down those who have a solid basis for using it, but if you have a rabbi or derech that you always follow, make sure this is consistent with them.

This. The issue is dying/coloring. Even if it stays on for only 4-5 hours many poskim consider that an issue.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 6:03 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Self tanner chemically changes the color of the top layer of skin. It isn't makeup. Why would it be a chatzitzah?

Ah. I was thinking about a spray tan. That’s a makeup.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:06 am
I also think eyebrows are the most important. It frames the face and brings some color. Go for a tint erev YT.

heidi

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:45 am
LovesHashem wrote:
This. The issue is dying/coloring. Even if it stays on for only 4-5 hours many poskim consider that an issue.

And many don't.
How's about letting OP decide 🤔?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:57 am
What's the deal with makeup on yom tov? Same rules as shaboss?

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:00 am
Self tanner lasts for about 2 weeks. Eyebrow/eyelash lift and tint about 10 days. There's no residue. I don't know why that would be a problem.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:14 am
Sorry to hijack- but can anyone recommend a place for tinting eyebrows / lashes in Brooklyn?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics