Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did u have....

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 6:55 am
Covid 19 back then and now delta variant? Young n healthy. What were differences between the two? How bad? How long? What u take?

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:59 am
Most people didnt have BOTH to compare BH.
I had neither BH.
But from what I have read..
Similar symptoms but delta more contagious.
Vaccinated get lighter symptoms.
More treatment available now BH so fewer deaths/hospitalizations

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:04 am
Some pple are getting both....

amother
Tomato

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:04 am
One sister had a sore throat for 3 days, first time had the same.
Other sister had fever and she coughed first time for a few days. She had high fever and she coughed for a few days but now she doesn't smell or taste and she fainted but also found out she's pregnant so the fainting may have been from that.
They have friends who are having it now a second time and most BH have lighter symptoms than the first time. Just like the vaccine makes the symptoms less so should having it before. Also the doctor said second time around and after vaccine they are seeing symptoms like sneezing and sore throat which were less common first time.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Some pple are getting both....

Yes
But reinfection is still rare. Natural immunity is still considered better than the vaccine. But maybe others who go both will respond....

amother
Tomato

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:07 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Yes
But reinfection is still rare. Natural immunity is still considered better than the vaccine. But maybe others who go both will respond....

The initial spike response is far better from natural immunity. The t cells that prevent against severe infection are likely better but still similar in that they will prevent against severe infection for many years BH.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 9:40 am
Had a mild case in March 2020, sore throat, loss of taste/smell, no fever. Had it again this August, very mild sore throat for two days, no fever. They didn’t tell you if it’s the Delta variant. Both times only tested for work, was so mild I wouldn’t have known otherwise. Not vaccinated.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 9:42 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Had a mild case in March 2020, sore throat, loss of taste/smell, no fever. Had it again this August, very mild sore throat for two days, no fever. They didn’t tell you if it’s the Delta variant. Both times only tested for work, was so mild I wouldn’t have known otherwise. Not vaccinated.

Except that u needed to quarantine...

tweety1

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 10:47 am
Dh and I did. Dh had a very mild case back then had a bit stronger this time. I had it very bad back then and had it pretty mild now. Dh never lost his taste or smell either time. I lost both the first time around and a drop of smell this time.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 10:50 am
The 2 people I know who recently tested positive for covid, presumably delta, had antibodies at some point in the past but never had an active, confirmed first infection. Their current infection felt like a sore throat and some sniffles for 24 hours. They both thought they had strep, went to urgent care, and that’s how they found out it was covid.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 10:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Except that u needed to quarantine...

Don’t worry, I did.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 2:05 pm
My 21 yr ds in Boro Park is sick now. He had it March 2020 - very mild then, just a cold, loss of smell and taste for many months. Didn't test since they weren't offering it then. He had antibodies in May 2020, and still at Pesach 2021. Now he has tested positive (with a PCR since he was supposed to travel here for YT!). This time he was much sicker. Fever, very weak, cough, in bed for 5 days. Today bh starting to feel better but still not back to himself. Assuming Delta this time? How do you know? Test didn't say. He is not vaccinated.
So looks like, as with everything else Covid, there is no rhyme or reason as much as we desperately want to find a pattern... Sad

tigerwife

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 3:19 pm
We didn’t have it twice, but DH and I had it together and did not have the same symptoms.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 3:24 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
My 21 yr ds in Boro Park is sick now. He had it March 2020 - very mild then, just a cold, loss of smell and taste for many months. Didn't test since they weren't offering it then. He had antibodies in May 2020, and still at Pesach 2021. Now he has tested positive (with a PCR since he was supposed to travel here for YT!). This time he was much sicker. Fever, very weak, cough, in bed for 5 days. Today bh starting to feel better but still not back to himself. Assuming Delta this time? How do you know? Test didn't say. He is not vaccinated.
So looks like, as with everything else Covid, there is no rhyme or reason as much as we desperately want to find a pattern... Sad

Similar to me but the other way around and I had my 2nd variant in January in the uk.

I was more sick the 1st time around, 2nd time I had it more mild but I lost my taste and smell. Smell still isn't back at all, I can taste a bit here and there, never properly :/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics