Home

Shiras BY lakewood
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 9:25 pm
Does anyone send to shiras bais yaakov or know what type of school it is? Trying to do information on it. Tia!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Sep 29 2021, 9:29 pm
Bump, anyone?
Back to top

amother




Stone
 

Post Wed, Sep 29 2021, 9:31 pm
Rabbi gelenter started it. It’s a small warm school. It’s like bnos esther Malka type. The primary Morah is supposed to be amazing Miriam grossnass.
Back to top

amother




Marigold
 

Post Wed, Sep 29 2021, 9:37 pm
What does bnos esther malka type mean?
Back to top

amother




Antiquewhite
 

Post Wed, Sep 29 2021, 9:50 pm
The principal is fabulous.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:23 am
Thanks all, anyone know what the crowd is like?
Also when did they open?
Back to top

amother




Stone
 

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:29 am
More balabatish Toms River trendy type. It started last year.
Back to top

amother




Crystal
 

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks all, anyone know what the crowd is like?
Also when did they open?


I'm not very good with words to describe people. I have no idea what bnos Esther malka type is. Crowd is really nice warm regular(for lack of better word) people. A bit of a mix but all down to earth, nice families. They have primary and 1st grade this year.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 12:04 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
More balabatish Toms River trendy type. It started last year.


Thanks! Is it heimish? Or more yeshivish?
I’m trying to find someone that sends there
Back to top

amother




Stone
 

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 12:22 pm
Not heimish or yeshivish
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 1:48 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
Not heimish or yeshivish


Is there a crowd type? Or just a mix
Back to top

amother




Linen
 

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 1:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is there a crowd type? Or just a mix


The one person I know who sends there actually wears a shtreimel. BY type chassidish. But yes, it’s a mix:

Not sure what anyone means by BEM type. I send to BEM, it is not solely balabatish Toms River. We are regular BY type, Dh learned in Kollel six years, plenty of different types there too.
Back to top

amother




Crystal
 

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 2:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is there a crowd type? Or just a mix


Just a mix
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 2:24 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
The one person I know who sends there actually wears a shtreimel. BY type chassidish. But yes, it’s a mix:

Not sure what anyone means by BEM type. I send to BEM, it is not solely balabatish Toms River. We are regular BY type, Dh learned in Kollel six years, plenty of different types there too.


Do you know if they are happy there and if the schools is well run?
Back to top

amother




Honeydew
 

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 2:38 pm
From my friend its a nice mix school very friendly warm school. Though I send to BEM I would not compare the two I think shiras has more of a mix in crowd. BEM has a mix but not like shiras. Meaning I know someone whose husband wears a striemel and a different friend doesn't wear tights, they both send to shiras.
Back to top

amother




Marigold
 

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 3:46 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
More balabatish Toms River trendy type. It started last year.


I send to BEM also and majority of my daughters class is from lakewood.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 5:36 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
From my friend its a nice mix school very friendly warm school. Though I send to BEM I would not compare the two I think shiras has more of a mix in crowd. BEM has a mix but not like shiras. Meaning I know someone whose husband wears a striemel and a different friend doesn't wear tights, they both send to shiras.


Is it because it’s a new school so they are accepting anyone?
Back to top

amother




Ebony
 

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 6:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it because it’s a new school so they are accepting anyone?


Probably something like that. The original primary class (now in first grade) were all girls who had no school to go to in July. It doesn’t mean they are bad people AT ALL, but they just didn’t have pull to get in elsewhere. So one person decided to open a school and he got together a bunch of others who didn’t have a place yet.
I don’t think they are up to the point yet hat they’ll so quickly forget how it feels to be rejected and reject others... this is just my speculation.
Back to top

amother




Honeydew
 

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 6:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it because it’s a new school so they are accepting anyone?


It's hard to know they definitely do a regular interview and look at your references. But most schools when they start the first year is more of a mix than the other years. It's still a very warm school and she doesn't mind the mix. Coming from BY of BP it's nice to see a mix of all types.
Back to top

amother




Honeydew
 

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 6:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you know if they are happy there and if the schools is well run?


She is very happy there and highly recommends it.
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Bnos Esther malka lakewood school 16 Yesterday at 9:50 pm View last post
Lakewood dairy restaurant open tonight
by amother
1 Yesterday at 8:23 pm View last post
Gift in Lakewood
by amother
10 Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:23 pm View last post
Lakewood office manager salary
by amother
36 Thu, Oct 14 2021, 8:25 am View last post
Where to order a gift delivery in Lakewood
by sdk
8 Wed, Oct 13 2021, 10:25 pm View last post