Home

Please help find this slow "V'yaida kol pa'ul" song!!
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


theotherone1




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 7:55 pm
dydn11402 wrote:
If it's the song im thinking of the low part is "malchuscha" and I heard it in camp sternberg years ago by the choir. No idea where its from but I sing it all the time. Love it!


Yes, I think you are correct! I have the tune in my head now. :-)
Back to top

amother




Brunette
 

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:19 pm
This?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERC_rzPmqD4
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:32 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
This?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERC_rzPmqD4

No, but thanks!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:34 pm
Thanks to all of you, the low part is starting to come back to me! I couldn't remember that it started with malchuscha, but now I clearly remember the buildup of "umemshaltecha bechol dor vador"!
Back to top

amother




Catmint
 

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 12:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Or any of you and only women will listen?


Unfortunately, I don't have a working mic on my computer and am not technically adept enough to do it any other way. I hope someone else will help you.
Back to top

amother




Whitewash
 

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:46 am
I think my sister was in LA that year! I remember she had a tape of the production, and I'm pretty sure that song was on it. I have a terrible voice, but I guess if you want I could sing what I remember for you!

(ETA I tried to sing it and I cannot sing as low as the girl who did the incredible solo for Malchus'cha...)
Back to top

amother




Babyblue
 

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:57 am
Meloich from abie rotenebergs aish album?
Back to top

amother




Whitewash
 

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:58 am
Here's a link to me humming the tune...
https://we.tl/t-H5YOlFMdz6
Is this the one you meant?
Back to top

amother




Catmint
 

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 2:02 am
That is the one I was referring to as well, though I know the first part with some slight differences.
Back to top

amother




Catmint
 

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 2:02 am
dup
Back to top

amother




Whitewash
 

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 2:10 am
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
That is the one I was referring to as well, though I know the first part with some slight differences.

It's a 20+ year old memory for me, of a tune from a cassette tape recording of a Halleli production. I'd be shocked if my memory is too accurate Smile

If it helps anyone to figure out the year, that production also included a comedy sketch about the origins of a Shuk.

"This shuk, this marketplace, was created BY men, FOR men, OF men, for the subjugation of women.

If it was created by women, would it have WOMEN shoppers, and MALE salesmen? No, it would have MALE shoppers and WOMEN salesmen. No, I meant saleswomen.

It's a plot! It's a male chauvinist PLOT!"
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 7:49 am
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
Here's a link to me humming the tune...
https://we.tl/t-H5YOlFMdz6
Is this the one you meant?


Yes that's it!!!!!! Thank you!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 7:50 am
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
I think my sister was in LA that year! I remember she had a tape of the production, and I'm pretty sure that song was on it. I have a terrible voice, but I guess if you want I could sing what I remember for you!

(ETA I tried to sing it and I cannot sing as low as the girl who did the incredible solo for Malchus'cha...)

Any way to get a recording of the song from the tape?? Would love to hear the original!!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 7:52 am
If anyone is willing to sing the low part, I can't quite fit the words to the tune of the poster who so kindly hummed it. Thanks!
Back to top

freilich




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:32 am
yidishmamma wrote:
I love love love this song . It's from pittsburg rebbe

Me too. Pittsburgh rebbe composed it at his sick daughters bedside on Rosh Hashanah. It never fails to touch me.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:12 am
freilich wrote:
Me too. Pittsburgh rebbe composed it at his sick daughters bedside on Rosh Hashanah. It never fails to touch me.


Is that a different one or the one we are talking about? the you tube link was not the one we were referring to
Back to top

amother




Whitewash
 

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Any way to get a recording of the song from the tape?? Would love to hear the original!!

I wish! I can ask my sister to make sure, but 99.9% sure that the cassette is long gone.
Back to top

theotherone1




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 3:40 pm
Yay! Thank you Whitewash!
Back to top

mommyla




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 4:11 pm
I remember that song from seminary, if it was in a Halleli it must have been after my time. But that was less than 20 years ago (not that much less! Yikes)
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 5:18 pm
mommyla wrote:
I remember that song from seminary, if it was in a Halleli it must have been after my time. But that was less than 20 years ago (not that much less! Yikes)

I was in school in the 90s and learned it from a teacher
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 2 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts

Related Topics Replies Last Post
This song is WOW!!! What song inspires you?
by Momlili
36 Today at 9:31 am View last post
What are the "new" wig styles?
by amother
21 Thu, Oct 21 2021, 12:44 pm View last post
People who call themselves "gifted" or "empaths" etc
by amother
89 Tue, Oct 19 2021, 1:23 pm View last post
Girls name connected to E"Y/yerushalayim
by amother
69 Tue, Oct 19 2021, 2:28 am View last post
How long were B"Y in Mitzrayim? 13 Mon, Oct 18 2021, 9:53 pm View last post