Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Were you happy after you bought a used/consignment wig?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 12:47 pm
If you bought a used wig from a consignment seller, were you happy with it? How long did it last? Did you feel like you really knew what you were getting?

I've never bought like this before. I could really use a new wig now, and it seems like this is a way to get a high quality wig in the price range I can afford now, but the whole thing makes me nervous. I've had wigs that I knew were at the end of their life but still looked OK briefly after a wash and set. How do you know that a consignment wig isn't like that--on its last legs, but able to look ok when freshly done?

Thank you.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 1:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If you bought a used wig from a consignment seller, were you happy with it? How long did it last? Did you feel like you really knew what you were getting?

I've never bought like this before. I could really use a new wig now, and it seems like this is a way to get a high quality wig in the price range I can afford now, but the whole thing makes me nervous. I've had wigs that I knew were at the end of their life but still looked OK briefly after a wash and set. How do you know that a consignment wig isn't like that--on its last legs, but able to look ok when freshly done?

Thank you.

I’d be more concerned abt lice

cnc

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 1:23 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:

Many brand new raw wigs come with lice.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 1:59 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:

I wouldn't be too worried about lice in the US. Worst case you put the wig in the freezer for a few days and all are killed.
My bigger concern is why the wig is being resold - if the person is selling because it was too small or the wrong cut for their face - I would buy it. But if they're selling it because they already wore it for 3-5 years and it's nearing the end of it's lifespan I would stay far away....

saralem

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 2:59 pm
I’ve purchased several consignment shaitels, from very reputable salons. They are freshly washed and styled. I’ve been really happy with the beautiful ones I’ve purchased!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 4:41 pm
I bought 2nd hand from private sellers and was very happy B"H! you can ask why person getting rid of. also - find out if hair is still condition, if you can't tell yourself.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 6:12 pm
I've bought used with good luck

amother
Blueberry

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 6:14 pm
I got a kiki from a gemach
had to put in about 400$ in repairs- making cap bigger, tightening, thinning it out, dying and cutting
and its my best sheital!!! and I have an rx and zissy ... kiki rocks

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 7:00 pm
I purchased used twice from private ppl and I was happy with my wigs. Ask the owner all the questions so you know all about the wig.
Gluck!

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 7:09 pm
I wouldn't be so worried about lice. They usually wash it before they sell it. Many consignment stores only take wigs that are less than a certain amount of years old...ask what their policy is. Just because someone is selling it doesn't mean it's not good. I once sold an amazing wig just because it didn't work for me and wasn't worth it for me to put more money into it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels