Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What would YOU make for YOURSELF for dinner?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

tweety1

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 5:17 pm
Chicken soup and noodles with chow mein noodles, fried rice with sesame chicken nuggets made out of baby goulash. Ooohhh my mouth is drooling just thinking about this.

sequoia

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 5:18 pm
I do.

You think single people just get takeout or eat peanut butter sandwiches every day?

I’ve never thought of not cooking because I don’t have kids or a partner. I still have to eat.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 5:29 pm
zaq wrote:
Cereal and milk. Who wants to cook for one person?

Me. I might keep it simple but I would make myself something pleasant. (Unless I loved cereal and milk.) And if I was going to do it on a regular basis I'd double or triple (or more) and freeze.

emzod42

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 5:58 pm
Shakshouka
A cheese omelette with toast and lots of butter
Pesto tortellini soup
Pasta with roasted cauliflower and nuts

When I lived alone I made such tasty dinners! DH is picky and now we have kids so haven't made any of that stuff in years. Pre-covid I would make myself pots of veggie soups and eat them for lunch at work all week, but because of covid I lost my place to heat things up.

rgh

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 5:59 pm
I would order. It's not the least bit fun to eat when I had to cook and clean up.

6000miles

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 6:03 pm
BadTichelDay wrote:
Oh, I sometimes do, but it's quick-fixes and not healthy.
Eggs fried with tomatoes, on slices of bread.
Pasta with tomato sauce +/- cheese or else fried with eggs.
Warmed up pita bread with tuna.

I wish I had the patience and strength to make a proper healthy salad but I haven't. When I make dinner for myself, I'm usually half starving and craving for carbs.

Love your screen name!

Raisin

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 6:08 pm
Steak or lambchops, mashed potatoes, and a delicious salad.

cbg

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 6:15 pm
Another vote for steak and salad with creamy dressing
Perfectly seasoned, perfectly grilled
Crisp on the outside rare and juicy on the inside

Beingreal

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 7:35 pm
rgh wrote:
I would order. It's not the least bit fun to eat when I had to cook and clean up.

LOL I would do the same thing!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 7:53 pm
A lot of us are answering from the perspective of it being an occasional thing. But if you had to do it regularly, I hope anyone reading this would make it a positive, pleasant, and generally nutritious experience.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 7:59 pm
sabertooth wrote:
Grilled salmon and broccoli with sweet potato waffle fries

Can we be friends? Mine is also salmon and two sides (veggie and complex carb). It’s actually what I made for dinner tonight for dh and I. I had leftover sides and made fresh salmon

Stars

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 8:09 pm
I actually cook for myself pretty often. There are things that no one in my house likes but me so I try to make doubles or triples and eat it for lunch or dinner a few times a week.

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 8:49 pm
If money is no object, time is no object, etc.?

Mmm, a nice big Greek salad.

tiedyed4life

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 9:06 pm
Poached egg sandwich with lots of hot sauce. My kids don't like spicy so I make a lot of bland food

M0mmy

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 9:18 pm
When I was single, I often did cereal and milk because that's what I enjoy. But admittedly, I didn't eat 3 meals a day, and I did (and do) know it wasn't the healthiest way to live. So every few days or so, I'd make a yummy veggie soup, or something like that. No fleishigs, lol.

I'm laughing about the responses about people not cooking certain foods their family won't eat.... Isn't that the best way to make sure no-one touches your stuff LOL

M0mmy

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 9:20 pm
emzod42 wrote:
made any of that stuff in years. Pre-covid I would make myself pots of veggie soups and eat them for lunch at work all week, but because of covid I lost my place to heat things up.

You can find lunchbox size warmers on Amazon... Like a mini Plata in an insulted bag that you plug in.

lucky14

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 9:22 pm
ICE CREAM!

But really I make myself dinner almost every night. I hardly ever eat what I serve everyone else. We all like super different stuff and honestly I don't really like "meals"- more just like random things put together (though always balanced with a protein, grain/starch and veggie).

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 9:29 pm
Lasagna

Sea bass

Tuna steak

Pasta

Shakshuka

Pulled beef or bbq chicken sandwich

ddmom

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 11:34 pm
Eggplant parmesian!! I love it, most of my family don't
Too time consuming to make but since we're assuming time and laziness is not an issue... LOL

heidi

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:52 am
cbg wrote:
Another vote for steak and salad with creamy dressing
Perfectly seasoned, perfectly grilled
Crisp on the outside rare and juicy on the inside

Make mine a rib steak. With a big bone. Also, yummy grilled tomatoes to go with it.
I do make myself a different supper quite often. That's a piece of chicken breast on the bone cooked on a high temp with sliced zuchinni and cherry tomatoes and whole mushrooms. Also quite yum
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics