Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Why is there no cheder today?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:20 pm
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:
I was waiting for someone to post this. Happens every time. Well, I guess those of us working parents who are juggling this impossible Tishrei schedule and our families should have never had children. Alright then.

When do you plan to spend quality time with your kids?
After you retire?

And I happen to work, have kids, the same Tishrei schedule, and am due to give birth all at the same time.
You can know your priorities even if you are a busy mom.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 22 2021, 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cadetblue

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 12:16 am
amother [ Viola ] wrote:
Why is your lack of finding childcare arrangements the schools problem? Why is the school obligated to babysit your kids because you work on chol hamoed?
I never said don't have kids. But school isn't babysitting service and they're not responsible to watch your kids on yom tov because you're working. Childcare issues should be taken into account when taking a job.

I never said it was the schools problem. I was specifically responding to the comment that if you don't want to spend time with your kids why are you having them.

amother
Viola

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 12:19 am
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:
I never said it was the schools problem. I was specifically responding to the comment that if you don't want to spend time with your kids why are you having them.

This is actually a valid question.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 12:23 am
amother [ Viola ] wrote:
This is actually a valid question.

It's not a valid question in the context of many days off of school in a month. I love my kids, I love spending time with them, winter break is my favorite week of the year by far, but to bring up this comment every time that parents lament the school schedule is rather obnoxious. Whatever I should be used to it by now, happens every time there's a thread lime this.

Disclaimer, I'm working nights over chol hamoed so I can spend time with my kids instead of keeping them watching videos in my office for the bulk of the day. So yeah, no need to get all worried that my kids shouldn't have been born

nchr

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 7:31 am
SafeAtLast wrote:
When do you plan to spend quality time with your kids?
After you retire?

And I happen to work, have kids, the same Tishrei schedule, and am due to give birth all at the same time.
You can know your priorities even if you are a busy mom.

Mother's can spend quality time with their children before and after cheder. On Shabbos and yom tov. You can have a lot of quality time without the need for days off
I actually read my children a few books this morning.
Our boys have cheder the as many days as is possible, maybe about 290 days a year and girls do have less with school/day camp, but having 4 or 10 more full or half days of learning isn't what is going to make the difference in the quality time.

amother
Viola

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:24 am
nchr wrote:
Mother's can spend quality time with their children before and after cheder. On Shabbos and yom tov. You can have a lot of quality time without the need for days off
I actually read my children a few books this morning.
Our boys have cheder the as many days as is possible, maybe about 290 days a year and girls do have less with school/day camp, but having 4 or 10 more full or half days of learning isn't what is going to make the difference in the quality time.

Now is Yom Tov. And mothers are complaining why there's no school today. Boys have enough cheder as is. Having cheder on chol hamoed will definitely yes make a difference in the quality/family time.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics