Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Where did you go today & did they enforce the vaccine requir
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Canary

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 8:47 am
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
Actually part of Long Island is considered Brooklyn and Queens

Opposite… they are technically part of Long Island. However practically Long Island as we know it is not part of nyc nor subject to nyc tyrannical laws

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:03 am
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
Actually part of Long Island is considered Brooklyn and Queens

What part of Long Island is Brooklyn or queens?

amother
Banana

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:05 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Does legoland in Goshen require masks?

Only indoors.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:38 am
While I realize that the public library may seem like a lame chol ha moed trip, most of my grandchildren love it, rarely get to go, and it doesn't require a vaccine.

amother
Holly

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:58 am
amother [ Daylily ] wrote:
Anyone vaccinated made sure to go to a place that requested vaccine proof so they can repeat it. They feel superior to society.
Unvaccinated people looked for places that don’t enforce senseless dictatorship laws.

Wow, that was a rude generalization of an entire segment of society. I'm horrified and saddened that so many people liked that comment.

In any event, to answer OP's question, my entirely fully vaccinated family of 8 went to some attractions at the American Dream mall. No vaccination was required and almost no one there was wearing a mask. We're going back on Sunday for some other attractions as well as perhaps to the water park.

(Yes, it was full of throngs of frum people. It's a huge mall so it didn't bother me much and the specific attractions themselves all require reservations so the numbers of people there wasn't an issue for me.)

amother
Banana

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:19 am
amother [ Holly ] wrote:
Wow, that was a rude generalization of an entire segment of society. I'm horrified and saddened that so many people liked that comment.

In any event, to answer OP's question, my entirely fully vaccinated family of 8 went to some attractions at the American Dream mall. No vaccination was required and almost no one there was wearing a mask. We're going back on Sunday for some other attractions as well as perhaps to the water park.

(Yes, it was full of throngs of frum people. It's a huge mall so it didn't bother me much and the specific attractions themselves all require reservations so the numbers of people there wasn't an issue for me.)

LOL you're actually proving her point right here.

Amarante

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:26 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
What part of Long Island is Brooklyn or queens?

All of it - Long Island is literally an Island and geographically Brooklyn and Queens are on that island.

However, Nassau and Suffolk County are popularly referred to as Long Island to differentiate from Brooklyn and Queens - the boundaries are man made and arbitrary.

amother
Holly

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:29 am
amother [ Banana ] wrote:

Seriously?!!? She claimed that everyone vaccinated went to places that required vaccines and I pointed out that my family is vaccinated and we went to somewhere that didn't require the vaccine. If I said my family isn't vaccinated and we went somewhere that doesn't require vaccines, how would THAT prove her point wrong?

fleetwood

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:29 am

No she isn't. Her fully vaxxed family went to a place not requiring a vaxx..she absolutely negated her stupid and false point! LoL on you...

amother
Banana

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:30 am
fleetwood wrote:
No she isn't. Her fully vaxxed family went to a place not requiring a vaxx..she absolutely negated her stupid and false point! LoL on you...

She proved the part that they feel superior to society and make sure to repeat that their "whole family is entirely fully vaccinated."

ladYdI

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:35 am
southernbubby wrote:
While I realize that the public library may seem like a lame chol ha moed trip, most of my grandchildren love it, rarely get to go, and it doesn't require a vaccine.

Does anybody know if Brooklyn public library requires vaccine?

amother
Holly

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:36 am
She proved the part that they feel superior to society and make sure to repeat that their "whole family is entirely fully vaccinated."

I can't believe you extrapolated that from my post. As I (and others) pointed out, I mentioned it to disprove the poster's claim that vaccinated people only went to places that require vaccinations. I couldn't care less what other's vaccination status is and it saddens me so much that you are choosing to read malice and superiority into a large proportion of society's attitude. For the record, I don't ascribe any of that to people who don't vaccinate (but I do think you and the poster who posted originally about the alleged superiority should really consider why you are jumping to those conclusions about random people).

May we all find positive in those that we meet, regardless of our differences.

fleetwood

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:38 am

Do you have self esteem issues. Perhaps you should see someone about that... Otherwise...you are really projecting here aren't you Banging head Banging head [I]

fleetwood

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:39 am
ladYdI wrote:

No. Just a mask.

amother
Banana

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:51 am
fleetwood wrote:
Do you have self esteem issues. Perhaps you should see someone about that... Otherwise...you are really projecting here aren't you Banging head Banging head [I]

Not at all. But being vaccinated comes with a certain attitude. (Not everyone, but many.) They feel like the always must talk about it and bring it up in every conversation.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:54 am
We didn’t go anywhere. Probably won’t go anywhere today either. Partly because I’m sick, and partly because I hate this idea that you HAVE to do something on chol hamoed.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 11:10 am
ladYdI wrote:

There is a published list of which places require vaccines and I didn't see libraries on the list. Libraries probably don't have seating anymore for people who don't want to take books home to read them and some libraries may have time limits and occupancy limits. Some libraries offer online selection and you pick it up at an outside window or go briefly to the desk.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 11:16 am
Not at all. But being vaccinated comes with a certain attitude. (Not everyone, but many.) They feel like the always must talk about it and bring it up in every conversation.

Most people who vaccinated knew that they were taking more risk than with previous vaccines that they had taken and most people dealt with side effects.
It reminds me of a nearby supermarket that has special parking spots for on duty police officers or doctors offices that have special parking spots for pregnant women. Yes, they have a privilege that I don't have. Delta airlines has special privilege for people who pay for it and so on. Maybe first class passengers are full of attitude.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 11:31 am
I would add this;
In 6 months, we have another chol ha moed. So far, the "church potluck" is exempt from the vaccine requirements. Plan ahead so that shuls and schools have programs.

fleetwood

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 11:31 am

Do you generally have self esteem issues..or only when it comes to your vaxx status?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics