Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Shall I cook? Or do I not need to?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 5:24 pm
I grew up having a hosanna rabbo seuda in the eve (or in the morning at my in laws)
I am a single mum now and I am not sure how much my kids are interested in another meal.
Shall I bother cooking ..... I can't really be bothered if noones interested.

What do you think?

s1

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 5:31 pm
Serve a nice meal but nothing too difficult or fancy? Challah, hot dogs and chips, bought ice cream.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 5:33 pm
Put up one thing in the crockpot and see if they're happy with the meal. If you have no takers, don't cook next year.
My family is not into a seuda either. So I usually put up one thing like unstuffed cabbage and/or potato kugel for lunch.

Petra

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 5:48 pm
Lots of shuls around me are having sit-down meals for the upcoming chagim. My kids just want to eat at home. Can't Believe It Deli sandwiches and meat pizzas it is, then! I'm spent.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 5:51 pm
Or you could wash for bagels and eggs. Add a salad and some sushi.

nchr

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 5:55 pm
Hoshana rabba is one of the holiest days of the year. I definitely think you should have the seudos, especially because that is your family minhag.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 6:07 pm
Instead of doing something and it being the opposite of what they want, why not ask them what they want to do? Do they want you to make something special? Just wash and have bagels? Something a little more fancy? An all out seuda? Just ask them….

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 6:19 pm
I would ask them what they want. No sense cooking a meal for people who don't want to eat it. I am so done cooking I think I will grill some hot dogs for everyone and call it a day.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 6:24 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Instead of doing something and it being the opposite of what they want, why not ask them what they want to do? Do they want you to make something special? Just wash and have bagels? Something a little more fancy? An all out seuda? Just ask them….

I do this. My kids are tired of all the seudahs, and with four more coming up, a breakfast style seudah is very welcomed.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 7:47 pm
Have something special, but something easy. And also, a wonderful yom tov!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics