Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Wifi for laptop - on the road?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 9:06 pm
I need to connect with my office tomorrow, and I'm away from home in a place that doesnt have internet.

Is there a thingamajig/gadget I can buy (or some other way) to connect my laptop to internet for a few hours? It will be for a video team meeting.

I have access to a Best Buy, or I can order same-day Amazon.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 9:07 pm
There may be a way to set your phone as a hot spot if you have a smart phone.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 9:13 pm
What you're looking for is called a mobile hotspot. You generally sign up for service for it from a cell phone carrier. If it's just 1 day it may be cheaper to buy a prepaid smartphone and use that as a hotspot.

Edit: maybe something like Macaroon Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot Device High Speed Wi-Fi Portable Router with US 5GB Data 30 Days, No SIM-Card, Pocket Wi-Fi, Free Roaming, Worldwide, Travel, Home (M1-5G-30DAYS)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....f2e8e

Here are best buy options, see what's available in the one near you: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/s.....=keys

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 9:16 pm
Call your ir mobile or internet provider and order a Hotspot device. You will pay by month, as you do for any cell phone or internet service.

singleagain

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 9:20 pm
I think they are called MiFi.. You can get from a store or maybe even your cell phone provider

But most smartphones can be made into hot spots... Search settings for hot spots/ tethering... Make sure phone is plugged in... I think it does drain battery and check what the rates might be.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics