Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Impetigo help?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 11:29 am
My 4 month old has on the face by chin and doctor said use mupirocin. It’s not looking better ... any other ideas to helpl heal

happy chick

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 11:37 am
Oh, dear. I just finished doing that w all my kids. It's super contagious. I have no ideas how to get rid of it, all my kids ended up needing antibiotics. I hope your Dr can figure something out, cuz puting a 4 mo old on antibiotics is something you'd like to try to avoid.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 11:44 am
Bactroban worked for my 4 yo.
7 yo needed antibiotics

bernadette

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 1:40 pm
Try MR cream. I’m not saying it ll work ( it worked for some of my kids and for some it didn’t).

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 1:49 pm
My sons didnt go away until he was on oral antibiotics

amother
Snow

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 1:51 pm
If bactroban/mupirocin isn’t working, you’ll prob need to give oral

tweety1

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 1:57 pm
My baby had it at 2 months old . He didn't respond to topical meds either. Dr put him onto meds. 3 weeks later it came back. I ended up calling Mrs. Apter and bh we got rid of it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 2:03 pm
Who is mrs apter .
Problem is it’s on my baby’s chin and near mouth and my baby has hands in mout all day. I guess I gotta give the 5-10 days of mupirocin and see what happens

tweety1

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 2:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Who is mrs apter .
Problem is it’s on my baby’s chin and near mouth and my baby has hands in mout all day. I guess I gotta give the 5-10 days of mupirocin and see what happens

You do not have to give the mupurocin that long to work. You should see a difference by day 5. Mrs. Apter is a frum russian lady in Monsey. You're going to have to give medication. Sounds like it's spreading really fast.

4sure

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 3:01 pm
I found that one week it gets worse the second week it starts healing. Had it with all kids this summer. My baby had on the face although it looks bad it was smallest and I didn’t even treat it, just let it pass.

tweety1

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 3:08 pm
4sure wrote:
I found that one week it gets worse the second week it starts healing. Had it with all kids this summer. My baby had on the face although it looks bad it was smallest and I didn’t even treat it, just let it pass.

I didn't treat it with my 2 yr old at first. It spread so bad it was awful.

amother
Hosta

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 5:06 pm
Mr cream works better than muciprocin which is generic Bactroban. Keep bathing and washing the affected areas often and apply mr cream every 1-2 hours or when it disappears. Where possible cover with a band aid. It spreads quickly on the child and to others as well. If they keep multiplying you may have no choice but to give antibiotics.
Also you can put muciprocin/Bactroban or mr cream in everybody’s nostrils which can prevent spreading.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 5:33 pm
I also just had it will all my kids. 2 of them strict Bactroban 3x a day worked and the others needed antibiotics.

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 5:35 pm
I have it in 2 places!!! So insane how catchy it is

amother
NeonYellow

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 5:47 pm
I was given a rx for topical cream clindamycin. Worked amazing and didn't need abx.

mango

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 6:12 pm
All my kids besides one ended up on antibiotics for it. The one that didn't prob could have used it but BH it didn't spread as much and seems to be almost gone now he was the last of my four kids to get it. Now it seems like one who got it already seems to have gotten it again 😣 it's really really catchy! Was going around camp in the summer and then around school as soon as school started again... It thrives in heat so I'm hoping winter will make it go away finally!

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 4:35 pm
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:
Mr cream works better than muciprocin which is generic Bactroban. Keep bathing and washing the affected areas often and apply mr cream every 1-2 hours or when it disappears. Where possible cover with a band aid. It spreads quickly on the child and to others as well. If they keep multiplying you may have no choice but to give antibiotics.
Also you can put muciprocin/Bactroban or mr cream in everybody’s nostrils which can prevent spreading.

Bumping this, desperate to get rid of recurring impetigo in my kids.
What is Mr. Cream?
Any suggestions? It just keeps returning!

amother
Fern

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 4:50 pm
Ice dealt with it. If it's too widespread or not responding to antibiotic cream then you need oral antibiotics. Impetigo is often caused by strep and very contagious. Oral antibiotics for it are not a big deal just like you would give antibiotics for a strep throat

jk7

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 5:09 pm
Bactroban but if that doesn’t work you need to give oral antibiotics

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 5:25 pm
When I had a 4 yo with it, it was actually strep (but no sore throat, since strep throat really isn't a thing nor manifests how we think of it until 5-6 yo ) and oral antibiotics took care of it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics