Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is it time for black tights yet ?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Mom/Bubby/Morah

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 8:44 pm
amother [ Apple ] wrote:
Update- I wrote that I wore nude today because I saw a few very warm days coming up. Well, I went out and it seems that black is what people are wearing. Most were in black today from 19 year olds to mid 40’s. I love black tights. I’ll start tomorrow but what will people wear next week when it will be 80 degrees?

If it’s 80 degrees you can switch back. The fashion police moved to Florida after Labor Day

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 8:47 pm
amother [ Latte ] wrote:
I switched to opaques (vs nude nylons) yesterday since the weather changed.

Yesterday I wore black (since that matched). Today I'm wearing brown opaques.

What color shoes do you wear with brown tights?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 8:58 pm
amother [ Apple ] wrote:
Update- I wrote that I wore nude today because I saw a few very warm days coming up. Well, I went out and it seems that black is what people are wearing. Most were in black today from 19 year olds to mid 40’s. I love black tights. I’ll start tomorrow but what will people wear next week when it will be 80 degrees?

A maxi skirt.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 9:03 pm
[quote="Mom/Bubby/Morah"]If it’s 80 degrees you can switch back. The fashion police moved to Florida after Labor Day[/quote

Exactly. When it snows, I wear boots. When it rains, I wear a rain jacket. When it’s cold, I wear black tights. When it’s warm, I don’t. Simple as that!

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 9:45 pm
I wore black to go winter shopping today, I think the rest of the week and the next will be nude because temps will be 70-80s in Lakewood.

realsilver

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 5:29 am
kim kardashian seems to think so!!

amother
Hyacinth

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 5:31 am
Sandals

DrMom

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 6:57 am
amother [ Hyacinth ] wrote:
Sandals

Same. Mid 80s today around here. Sunny

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 7:57 am
Rainy and windy in the Netherlands here. It is 17C which is 62F... I think I switch to black tights this shabbos... Totally over stimulated and tired... I'm now a housecat in my palace. Does the Vaad of Imamother agree I should wear black tights now?

Elfrida

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 8:10 am
Will I be banned from Imamother for evermore if I admit that I don't own a single pair of tights? And haven't since I refused to wear them anymore around age eight?

I wear long skirts with nudeish knee highs all year. And sandals for as long as I can get away with it.

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 8:12 am
Elfrida wrote:
Will I be banned from Imamother for evermore if I admit that I don't own a single pair of tights? And haven't since I refused to wear them anymore around age eight?

I wear long skirts with nudeish knee highs all year. And sandals for as long as I can get away with it.

Rachmanu litzlan! think about the shidduchim for your kids! (you know im kidding right?)

amother
Apple

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 8:24 am
Nah… this thread is for the people who WANT to wear black tights. You either get it or you don’t…

Elfrida

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 8:32 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
Rachmanu litzlan! think about the shidduchim for your kids! (you know im kidding right?)

If that's the biggest flaw they have to overcome, we'll be doing well...

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 8:40 am
Elfrida wrote:

I havent owned a pair of tights in maybe 25 years Smile
Sandals in the summer and leggings and socks in the winter.

amother
Apple

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 9:29 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I havent owned a pair of tights in maybe 25 years Smile
Sandals in the summer and leggings and socks in the winter.

Right, that’s why this thread is really not for you (or elfrida) even though we love you anyway. Same way I wouldn’t really want to open a thread about sandals…

amother
Mimosa

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 12:29 pm
I was wearing black tights, and my sister said "whattt you changed over, no one has!!" but why do I care, I'm cold I wear black, I'm hot I wear nudes or nothing under a midi/long skirt. We gotta stop caring, and just wear what we want
King

amother
Milk

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 12:46 pm
I wore black simchas torah and yesterday. Shimini azeres was warm I wore nude. if it’s 80 next week I’ll wear nude. Why can’t we go back and forth. Someone said once u switch to black can’t go back to nude. Why not?? Who makes these rules?

amother
Mimosa

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 1:12 pm
no rules
just do what you want Very Happy Very Happy

mommy9

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:20 pm
Can someone explain why black tights are warmer? My tights are all the same thickness regardless of color.

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:32 pm
mommy9 wrote:
Can someone explain why black tights are warmer? My tights are all the same thickness regardless of color.

My nude tights are 20 denier, my black tights 80 denier. That's a big difference.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics