Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Let's talk about black
1  2  3  Next

behappy2

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 2:59 pm
Ok. So today I see a woman wearing black shoes, black tights, blacks skirt and black sweater ( more than 1 😊) So not used to it from after the summer. Made me realize how bad it looked and commiting to wearing more color this season. What about you?

bernadette

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 3:01 pm
Till I dont lose weight or become rich, it will be my old clothing, mostly black.

Success10

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 3:02 pm
Always at least one black item, usually a skirt. But I try to avoid all black.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 3:04 pm
behappy2 wrote:
Ok. So today I see a woman wearing black shoes, black tights, blacks skirt and black sweater ( more than 1 😊) So not used to it from after the summer. Made me realize how bad it looked and commiting to wearing more color this season. What about you?

I don't fit into my regular clothing but can't wear maternity yet either. The only things that look decent on me are my black stuff. So it's black for me. But I'll probably try to add in some color with the shoes/boots or jacket. I usually never wear all black.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 3:04 pm
Is the nun look in again...

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 3:08 pm
I was wearing all black yesterday. I was from the minority. I went to three shuls and there was lots of color and prints. I wore what I had in my closet and that fits me. But I usually do wear color or at least some pops of color. Even my all black ensemble had some off white trim. But I agree color is more fun.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 3:18 pm
Its not really a thing in my community thankfully. I wear color color color Smile
I think I own one black skirt. Thats it.

iyar

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 3:21 pm
I will miss black. It was so easy. I think it's over but I'm no fashion expert. One thing I can say is I'm not ready to walk around in a colorful floral dress. By the time I buy one (drastically reduced on sale) everyone will be back in black.

imaima

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 3:31 pm
I wear whatever I want. It can be all black, all navy or all grey. I find one color look very elegant, especially if its winter knits.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 4:05 pm
I own black skirts because yes black skirts are like our version of jeans. It goes with everything.

But I don’t own any black tops or tights. Or shoes now that I think about it….

I really dislike black. So I don’t think it’s even possible for me to wear all black. I don’t have all the necessary items lol.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 4:09 pm
I hope it wasn't me you were looking at. I have too much going on in my life to pay too much attention to fashion. Black is low maintenance. Sometimes if I have the head for it I mix it up for a change. Are people really analyzing what I'm wearing?

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 4:13 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
I hope it wasn't me you were looking at. I have too much going on in my life to pay too much attention to fashion. Black is low maintenance. Sometimes if I have the head for it I mix it up for a change. Are people really analyzing what I'm wearing?

I analyze what people wear but not from a judgmental standpoint. I appreciate it. I believe fashion is a form of art and I am artistic and creative and notice these things. Color, prints , textures . Looking at it pleases me. But I would never think you are dressed badly or inappropriately because you are wearing a black outfit.

Last edited by thunderstorm on Thu, Sep 30 2021, 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

chanatron1000

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 4:13 pm
It's just so much more convenient not to have to change. Like this I can just slip on my ski mask and gloves.

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 4:17 pm
Adults can wear what they want even if I think it's ugly, dreary, illogical and all wrong for the season. What really sends me into the stratosphere is young children (well, really anyone under 20 but especially children and babies) dressed in black head to toe. And I did see this over the YomTovim (over and over and over) in a place I won't name.

If the KBH had intended people to look like crows, would he have created beautiful color and taught humankind the art of dyeing?

Fox

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 4:22 pm
I almost always wear all black with a colorful scarf and pearls. I don't like the boho look that a lot of older women seem to favor, so this is my solution.

I'll admit it's become kind of a shtick with me. I was recently invited to a non-fundraising political gathering in Palm Springs. The person who wanted to invite me mentioned to the host that I always wear black with Hermes scarves because I don't want to be mistaken for an old leftist lady in fake tribal wear. That was enough to secure the invite.

(I didn't go -- not only was it right before the Yomim Tovim, it wasn't exactly the proper venue for a frum lady. I didn't want my son-in-law to have his rosh kollel pull him in for questionning about why his mother-in-law was seen on social media whooping it up poolside with a bunch of Log Cabin Republicans).

amother
Carnation

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 4:26 pm
I’m a fan of the little black dress. I wear lots of dresses even during the weekday. It suits me better than skirts and tops. I have colored ones too but there is something to be said about a black fit and flair dress in the winter. I have fun with texture and also shoes and boots . Red shoes, maroon shoes, green shoes,leopard shoes, etc. I do not own black weekday shows

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 4:31 pm
Black is still the most effective camoflage.
Until I am happier with my body, I am sticking with mostly black.
I do add color with shoes/boots/sandals, as well as interesting jewelry and funky hats.

sequoia

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 4:33 pm
No black for me (except boots and one skirt).

My current fave look is a lavender fit-and-flare dress over a gray shell and gray tights.

hodeez

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 4:40 pm
Sounds like my postpartum go-to until the squats start working

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 4:54 pm
A black base on a dress goes well with black tights which many women wear all through the winter.

I would wear floral but it needs a little black to go along with the hoisery.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics