Home

A-Z game
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 54, 55, 56  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


GLUE




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 5:25 pm
Rugelech wrote:
No z.
For the next one let's try haberdashery.
Anybody with an A


What is haberdashery? Is it a Yiddish word?
Back to top

dreamerforever




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 5:51 pm
no, not yiddish. just maybe a slightly old fashioned word. It means items used in sewing.
Back to top

simcha4




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 5:56 pm
Rugelech wrote:
No z.
For the next one let's try haberdashery.
Anybody with an A


Rugelech dear, Haberdashery is an interesting topic but I think it's a bit vague and its definition has changed slightly over the decades.
Perhaps we do something easier?

And GLUE dear, no, haberdashery is not Yiddish it's English perhaps with French origins. I remember the word being used when I was young. I think nowadays it's less used, but I might be wrong.

A meaningful Zos Chanukah to dearest all. Smile
Back to top

dreamerforever




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 6:20 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Rugelech dear, Haberdashery is an interesting topic but I think it's a bit vague and its definition has changed slightly over the decades.
Perhaps we do something easier?

And GLUE dear, no, haberdashery is not Yiddish it's English perhaps with French origins. I remember the word being used when I was young. I think nowadays it's less used, but I might be wrong.

A meaningful Zos Chanukah to dearest all. Smile


and to you too!
How about Jewish items?

A- aron kodesh

does that work?
Back to top

Living Princess




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 6:27 pm
Becher
Back to top

simcha4




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 6:29 pm
dreamerforever wrote:
and to you too!
How about Jewish items?

A- aron kodesh

does that work?


Great! Smile I like it, but it's not up to me to decide. But players have chosen topics in the past so let's stay with this.
Do you mean Judaica items too?
Back to top

simcha4




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 6:29 pm
B - Becher
Back to top

dreamerforever




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 6:56 pm
Yes definitely.
Challoh knife
Back to top

simcha4




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 7:03 pm
dreidel
Back to top

dreamerforever




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 7:43 pm
all I can think of is
Eruv
Back to top

Living Princess




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 8:23 pm
Fleishig sink
Back to top

GLUE




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 10:26 pm
Gemarah
Back to top

Tof Umachol




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 1:51 am
Havdalah candle
Back to top

dankbar




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 2:36 am
Ink for writing Torah

( z- for water related- zalts vasser- salt water in Yiddish)
Back to top

GLUE




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 2:51 am
Judaic stores
Back to top

tsc3




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 7:54 am
Kittel
Back to top

dreamerforever




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 8:47 am
leichter (candlesticks)
Back to top

dankbar




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 8:54 am
Mezuzah
Back to top

simcha4




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:21 am
negel vasser kvort and shissel
Back to top

dreamerforever




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:45 am
olive oil
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 54, 55, 56  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 38 of 56 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Tell me about... (Game) 1807 Today at 7:46 am View last post
Word game 1338 Today at 6:04 am View last post
by Elsa
Linked Words Game :) 3645 Today at 5:59 am View last post
by Elsa
We need a new game here! Question me! 4092 Today at 5:04 am View last post
The Official Imamother Telephone Game! 2345 Today at 3:10 am View last post