Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Ballet classes

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 8:15 pm
My 3.5 year old daughter is very emotion intelligent and graceful and loves to perform. Lately she's been obsessed with ballet and ballerinas and I was thinking maybe I would send her to ballet classes. Dh's family never encouraged developing talents so we are determined to send our children to classes and extracurricular activities and environments where they will flourish.

Do you think she is too young to attend a class like this? Do you know of a class or ballet teacher for such young girls?

tigerwife

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 8:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My 3.5 year old daughter is very emotion intelligent and graceful and loves to perform. Lately she's been obsessed with ballet and ballerinas and I was thinking maybe I would send her to ballet classes. Dh's family never encouraged developing talents so we are determined to send our children to classes and extracurricular activities and environments where they will flourish.

Do you think she is too young to attend a class like this? Do you know of a class or ballet teacher for such young girls?

She’s not too young. She might not learn real ballet skills but she’ll wear a tutu and feel amazing about herself. Where are you located? There are a few ballet classes in Lakewood.

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 8:24 pm
tigerwife wrote:
She’s not too young. She might not learn real ballet skills but she’ll wear a tutu and feel amazing about herself. Where are you located? There are a few ballet classes in Lakewood.

Yes! This exactly. I taught preschool. There were girls that age who went to ballet. Go for it!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 8:27 pm
tigerwife wrote:

I'm so happy to hear this, thank you! I live in Brooklyn, do you know of something here?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 8:28 pm
amother [ Birch ] wrote:
Yes! This exactly. I taught preschool. There were girls that age who went to ballet. Go for it!

Thanks for your encouragement! Smile

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 8:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm so happy to hear this, thank you! I live in Brooklyn, do you know of something here?

Brooklyn = Boro Park, Flatbush, Willamsburg, Crown hights, ect.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 8:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It looks like Funtastic offers ballet from kindergarten on:
https://www.funtastictalent.com/boro-park/

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 9:09 pm
tigerwife wrote:
It looks like Funtastic offers ballet from kindergarten on:
https://www.funtastictalent.com/boro-park/

Thanks so much! I'm going to reach out and see if they'd take her.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 7:44 pm
I think I was 4 but sure, send her to an age appropriate class. I doubt she'll wear a tutu unless you buy one for fun for her

rdmom

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 7:52 pm
If you live close to Flatbush.
Google Jewish performing arts. Or something like it.
My daughter LOVED it. They were really professional. And they made a little play at the end of the year.
I wish I still lived in Brooklyn. If only for this. And yes. 3 is the perfect age to start.

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 7:53 pm
My daughter just turned 5 and is really interested as well.
I'm thinking to try to get grandma to pay for it as a chanukah gift. (I can't afford any extras right now. )

essie14

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:40 am
My DD started ballet at age 3. She loved it!!
Very common here in Israel to start at that age.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

This is the reason I started my business and why my own kids take classes in everything. My parents just didn’t think it was important . But I know otherwise.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:53 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
This is the reason I started my business and why my own kids take classes in everything. My parents just didn’t think it was important . But I know otherwise.

I agree! There is nothing like building kids up and making them feel good about their talents and strengths. What is your business, if I may ask?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 9:28 am
My girls are B"AH graceful and I sent them to gymnastics when they were pretty young. I think it was good for them in many ways (healthy exercise, promotes growth, etc...). I found it to be more fun and beneficial for them than ballet. (One DD tried ballet briefly and found it very boring.)

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:02 am
Chayalle wrote:
My girls are B"AH graceful and I sent them to gymnastics when they were pretty young. I think it was good for them in many ways (healthy exercise, promotes growth, etc...). I found it to be more fun and beneficial for them than ballet. (One DD tried ballet briefly and found it very boring.)

My girls have been going to Funtastic for the last 4 years. (Its amazing and professional) They started ballet and gymnastics from aged 4- KG. The owner said that ballet takes alot of focus and unless a child is super disciplined they may find it stressful or counter-productive so she recommends gymnastics for those. Usually 3 year olds can start with ballet in sessions that are no longer than 30 minutes but Funtastics classes are one hour. 8

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:07 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
My girls have been going to Funtastic for the last 4 years. (Its amazing and professional) They started ballet and gymnastics from aged 4- KG. The owner said that ballet takes alot of focus and unless a child is super disciplined they may find it stressful or counter-productive so she recommends gymnastics for those. Usually 3 year olds can start with ballet in sessions that are no longer than 30 minutes but Funtastics classes are one hour. 8

This is good to know, thanks!

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:23 am
Chayalle wrote:

Can you tell me who you would recommend for gymnastics please?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers