Home

15 yr old dd still hasn’t gotten first period
Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Bluebell

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 11:49 pm
Maybe take your daughter to an adolescent medicine doctor. They specialize in adolescent gynecology and would probably know much better if this is a concern or not.
If you need referrals in the tri state area, let me know.

amother

cornflower

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 12:28 am
My sisters my mom and I got our periods pretty early. Most between 10-13.
When my daughter turned 15 and she hadn't gotten hers yet I went to the pediatrician. She told me not to worry and if she doesn't get it within the next few months I can come see her again. She got her period at 15.5, a few months later.

amother

Royalblue

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 12:39 am
I also got my first period on my 16th birthday (my pediatrician also told us that until 16 is ok, and she would only get concerned after that), and was irregular for years. I got married several years later than my friends, and all those years had secret fear that I would have trouble having kids. BH BH I have a few already, kein yirbu, with oldest born very normal amount of time after my wedding and others following closely.
I hope your DD is totally fine too!!

amother

Nemesia

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 12:56 am
I was 15 and a half when I got my first period but even that period wasn’t so heavy and didn’t seem like a regular part of life until about 16/17 years old. My periods only became ‘regular’ cycle after I had a baby.

amother

Linen

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:03 am
got my period at about 17. im perfectly fine. married and have seversl kids. friend of mine went to endo cuz her dd fully matured at age 9. he said you take mostly from father. and her dh siblings all developed early. so guess you need to check out your in laws cycles.

amother

Oldlace

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:57 am
Haven't read all the responses.
I took my DD to the pediatrician around her 15th birthday since she hadn't got her period and was pretty under-developed. DD actually asked me to make the appointment.
Doctor said as long as development has started (small breasts and pubic hair) - nothing to worry about.

amother

Mauve

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 6:30 am
At 15 I wouldn't be worried, even if other familiy menbers started earlier. As others have said up to 16 is in the normal range and even if she starts later than that it doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem.

Does she show other signs of puberty? If so, did she start developing at a later ago than her sisters?

amother

Catmint

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:36 am
I got my period at 16. Best thing ever, I wish the same for my girls.
OP, before 16 there's nothing to worry about.

amother

Peachpuff

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:51 am
My DD got her period at 15 1/2. One thing her pediatrician told me at the previous visit was to load her up on calories and calcium, and that will help bring it on. Icecream, dairy products, etc...go for it OP. You'll feel relief when she gets it B"EH.
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children