Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Weirdest Baby Names
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 12:59 pm
s1 wrote:
The runner Usain Bolt has kids called Lightning and Thunder!!

There's Moxie Crimefighter Jillette.

Kal-El Cage

Pilot Inspektor Lee

Charlie-Ballerina Sisto

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:04 pm
twolilgirlies wrote:
Someone eliezer whose parents called him Layzee. As in lazy. They don’t know English but I felt bad for the kid!

Is it that much worse than people named Elazar being called Luzer (pronounced like "loser")?

Last edited by chanatron1000 on Tue, Oct 05 2021, 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:08 pm
Dutch Thrashy people with tattoo's and everything and crazy long fake nails... name their kids like: Djevana, Delanao, Jenaux, Jaylinn, or Yoriën... Most of the time they come up with these names themselves... And have these crazy spellings and it sounds always French or English but they all had less then vacational studies so... I doubt if they know what English and French is really about .

blueberry6

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:59 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
That's the one whose mother doesn't "identify with" the word "mother," right?

Trust me, by 3d grade, his nickname will be "Billy"

Elon Musk's kid. I have no idea what his mother does or doesn't identify with, but I certainly hope he ends up with a normal nickname, for his sake.

Bruria

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:14 pm
Apple - Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's daughter

GLUE

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:33 pm
Bruria wrote:
Apple - Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's daughter

After they named their daughter someone was writing what's the big deal when he was growing up girls were named after flowers, Rose, Lily, Violet, ect. so now they are naming girls after fruit like Apple, Peaches, Plum, ect. Then he commented O wait they are naming after a computer great now I will be invited to the Bar-Mitzvah of Hewlett Packard

Bruria

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:36 pm
GLUE wrote:
After they named their daughter someone was writing what's the big deal when he was growing up girls were named after flowers, Rose, Lily, Violet, ect. so now they are naming girls after fruit like Apple, Peaches, Plum, ect. Then he commented O wait they are naming after a computer great now I will be invited to the Bar-Mitzvah of Hewlett Packard
LOL

fbc

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 3:01 pm
I heard of someone named achzavah- which means disappointment. Her parents were going for a boy but ended up with a girl, and they wanted to express their disappointment...I don't know though if this is a true story. Heard it years ago.

essie14

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:04 pm
twolilgirlies wrote:
Someone eliezer whose parents called him Layzee. As in lazy. They don’t know English but I felt bad for the kid!

Laizy Shapira, he created the TV show Srugim. it's a nickname for eliezer.
https://m.imdb.com/name/nm1856806/

essie14

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:08 pm
There's a whole list of Hebrew names you can't name your kid in an English speaking country AKA names to ensure your child will never make yerida

Moran
Ditza
Osnat
Tahel
Yahel
Dudu
Ofek
Dror

lkwdmom2

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:13 pm
I know a kid mashiach. When he came over we said “mashiach is here!!”

one happy mommy

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:27 pm
fbc wrote:
I heard of someone named achzavah- which means disappointment. Her parents were going for a boy but ended up with a girl, and they wanted to express their disappointment...I don't know though if this is a true story. Heard it years ago.

I heard of this one too

gr82no

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:30 pm
essie14 wrote:
There's a whole list of Hebrew names you can't name your kid in an English speaking country AKA names to ensure your child will never make yerida

Moran
Ditza
Osnat
Tahel
Yahel
Dudu
Ofek
Dror

Ik of a tahel in America. Dudu is a nickname. What is wrong with these names?

Beingreal

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:38 pm
My teacher gave a speech about names and how important it is not to name your kid something that they will be embarrassed about. She told a story that someone named her baby Placenta because she liked the name.

Teomima

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:59 pm
gr82no wrote:

Tahel sounds similar to "to hell" and Dudu sounds like "poop" (doo doo).

zaq

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 5:00 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
Is it that much worse than peole named Elazar being called Luzer (pronounced like "loser")?

There was a kid in my ds class whom he called Chaim Loser. I was going to reprimand him for calling this kid names, but first I happened to see in the newsletter that Chaimluzer Lastname won a prize for some achievement. His real name, of course, was Chaim Elazar. As his parents were educated people born and reared in the US and English their first language, I don't understand why they called him Chaimluzer, which they themselves pronounced Chaim Loser. Is it so much harder to say ChaimElazar?

Teomima

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 5:00 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
Is it that much worse than peole named Elazar being called Luzer (pronounced like "loser")?

I'm no fonder of Yaki as a nickname for Yaakov. Sounds like "yucky".

bigsis144

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 5:07 pm
zaq wrote:
There was a kid in my ds class whom he called Chaim Loser. I was going to reprimand him for calling this kid names, but first I happened to see in the newsletter that Chaimluzer Lastname won a prize for some achievement. His real name, of course, was Chaim Elazar. As his parents were educated people born and reared in the US and English their first language, I don't understand why they called him Chaimluzer, which they themselves pronounced Chaim Loser. Is it so much harder to say ChaimElazar?

Isn’t that just the chassidish pronunciation of a kamatz, though? That’s how Sarah becomes Surah and Bracha becomes Brucha.

Chaim Elazar would be Chaim Eh-Loser, which wouldn’t make much of a difference.

Brownies

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 5:07 pm
I know of somebody called Candida. And all I can think of when I see her name is Candida Albicans, the name of the fungus which causes thrush. 🙈

bigsis144

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 5:22 pm
gr82no wrote:

Moran = moron (as in, an idiot)
Ditza = ditzy (as in, dumb and flightly)
Osnat = oh, snot (as in, mucus)
Tahel = to hell (as is, go to The Bad Place)
Yahel = yeah, hell
Dudu = doodoo (as in, poop)
Ofek = oh f*ck
Dror = drawer (as in, close that drawer)
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics