Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How much is too much sleep?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:39 am
My baby is almost seven months and sleeps a lot. He was born at 36 weeks and at first I thought it was cause he was early but at this point I feel like should’ve caught up... he’s also a little motor delayed and I’m starting EI... the pediatrician is not concerned said as long as when he’s awake he’s alert it’s fine... he sleeps 13 hours at night (waking twice to eat) and three naps during the day each about 2 hours... I’m concerned But not sure what to do about it...

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:42 am
As long as he's gaining weight normally, let him sleep. His body knows what it needs.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:47 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
As long as he's gaining weight normally, let him sleep. His body knows what it needs.

Thank you! He is gaining weight amazingly (born at 5 lbs now close to 20!) and when he’s up he’s the cutest most alert little thing. He babbles plays with toys etc but is hardly up! It’s like max six hours a day total and part of that time is eating...

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:48 am
Here's another vote for not worrying! I have quite a sleeper myself.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:11 am
I also have an almost 7 month old son born just a couple weeks early. I’ve also been wondering if he sleeps too much! Like he wakes up frequently but after a short time he’s cranky and needs to go back to sleep. I never did the math but all in all he’s asleep WAY more than he’s awake and doesn’t stay awake for longer than an hour usually unless we just keep him up and don’t put him down. When he wakes up and then eats he’s happy, alert, playing, seems developmentally on track bH with his motor and social skills. But he is TINY. Was 7’5 when he was born and now he’s like 13 lbs. I think he only gained about .5 lb in the past almost 2 months. But he has regular diapers 🤷‍♀️ We have a doctors appointment next week so we’ll see what PED say…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics