Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
I’m a genius AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

sequoia

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If you are stuck in a wedding reception and can’t do anything else but converse with the women and your brain is screaming

You know, I’ve never had that experience.

Not to minimize, but some people really believe that disliking small talk or being indifferent to shopping or recipes makes them a genius.

In other words, it’s situational.

Possibly if you were surrounded by Caltech and Oxford professors you would consider yourself just regular smart.

Genius

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:14 pm
sequoia wrote:

Not to minimize, but some people really believe that disliking small talk or being indifferent to shopping or recipes makes them a genius.

Possibly if you were surrounded by Caltech and Oxford professors you would consider yourself just regular smart.

lol

gonewiththewind1

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:15 pm
Do you use your brains to manipulate people?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:15 pm
sequoia wrote:

I also said I’m bored at classes and shiurim.
I was surrounded by Caltech and Oxford professors and still was a considered a genius.
I love small talk with very smart people

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:16 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Are you a good peoples person when you want to be. Can you make yourself come across as relatable and empathetic to others?

Multidimensional geniuses are often good at guiding and counseling others. They are keenly aware of the motivations and latent drives and emotions that others aren’t aware of and can draw on their vast knowledge and out of the box thinking to provide insight and guidance to others. Have you considered taking steps to go in that direction?

If others relate to you in that capacity you will have constant requests for help and guidance rather than mindless small talk, and you can make a real difference in people’s lives.

Beautifully said!
My DH is genius. He works in finance and uses this to help ppl who find themselves in trouble.
He is known throughout the country we live in. He can’t go to a wedding, or even the local store without being stopped by someone.

He is genuinely happy to help, and enjoys all social situations as he comes away feeling a sense of contribution.

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:17 pm
OP forgive me but you don't sound like a genius.
Are you open to the notion that there are different types of intelligence and you might be exceptional in specific ones but perhaps lacking in others?
I know I'm gifted with unusual capacities in certain areas but fully aware of the fact that I'm somewhat limited in others.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:17 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
Do you use your brains to manipulate people?

What do you mean to manipulate. I did get out of awkward situation by pretending and acting but I don’t try to manipulate people

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:18 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
Are you open to the notion that there are different types of intelligence and you might be exceptional in specific ones but perhaps lacking in others?
I know I'm gifted with unusual capacities in certain areas but fully aware of the fact that I'm somewhat limited in others.

You don’t know me. Why don’t I sound genius

gonewiththewind1

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What do you mean to manipulate. I did get out of awkward situation by pretending and acting but I don’t try to manipulate people

Manipulating a conversation to get people to spill their guts, or to get info you want.

gonewiththewind1

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:20 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:

This reminds me of the queen thread.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:20 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Beautifully said!
My DH is genius. He works in finance and uses this to help ppl who find themselves in trouble.
He is known throughout the country we live in. He can’t go to a wedding, or even the local store without being stopped by someone.

He is genuinely happy to help, and enjoys all social situations as he comes away feeling a sense of contribution.

I’m not in his position I wish I was. I grew up very chasidish so you can imagine why.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:22 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
Manipulating a conversation to get people to spill their guts, or to get info you want.

Sometimes

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:27 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:

Yes!
OP are you the queen?

EtA: Actually she has a very different writing style..

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:29 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
What is the queen thread?????

amother
Pansy

Op, since this is an AMA thread, can I ask you to demonstrate your genius?
You ask us to belive you that you are a genius, but have not provided any proof that you really are, so right now I have my doubts.

amother
OP

amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
Yes!
OP are you the queen?

EtA: Actually she has a very different writing style..

No.

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You don’t know me. Why don’t I sound genius

The only part of your intelligence open for observation is the way you express yourself in writing. I already apologized for this so I won't belabor the point, but your writing style doesn't indicate exceptional talents.
I answered your question but you didn't respond to mine. Do you consider it possible your genius doesn't extend to all the various measures of intelligence?

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:30 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
What is the queen thread?????

From before Purim.
There was a poster who imagined herself to be a queen and wore a crown and ordered everyone around.
EtA: if you search for the word Queen, the thread should come up.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:31 pm
Another problem I never say I’m a genius in real life because I get a lot of nasty comments if I even say something remotely about my abilities.

Genius

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:32 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
The only part of your intelligence open for observation is the way you express yourself in writing. I already apologized for this so I won't belabor the point, but your writing style doesn't indicate exceptional talents.
I answered your question but you didn't respond to mine. Do you consider it possible your genius doesn't extend to all the various measures of intelligence?

She might be a genius in a different language.
Page 3 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics