Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Non Jewish bus driver showing inappropriate stuff
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:55 am
I’m shocked beyond. My boys said they have a black driver lately and our school administrator says yes because he’s out of drivers. The rest are rebbis or good heimishe drivers. I just heard of a crazy scenario and I can’t get to myself. A non Jewish driver in some summer location drove around the big boys showing them xxxxography. Would you let your kids go to school with these drivers??

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:57 am

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:58 am
My kids go to school with a non Jewish driver. He’s driving the bus not sharing his phone.

Sb1234

I always had non Jewish bus drivers and I was never shown anything inappropriate. Because you heard one crazy story doesn’t mean anything will happen to your kids. And what does being black have to do with it?

BrisketBoss

Being a 'good heimishe' driver doesn't mean you'll do your job appropriately.

I went to public school for five years. Never had any issues with bus drivers and haven't heard of any such issues since. This sounds like a freak incident if true.

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:00 am
Let me see if I understand... a non-Jewish driver in a totally different situation did inappropriate things so you are upset about using a different non-Jewish driver?
Why is his color relevant?
Yes I would be fine with this. I do not check out the driver's religion before letting my child on the bus.

Edited to add - Being a rebbi or heimish does not guarantee safety.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:00 am
I read again, so the driver is not Jewish and didn't do anything wrong, it was some random one that did that? I wouldn't have a problem if it's a normal decent person, I thought you were saying the driver was showing stuff but now I see it wasn't the case.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:01 am
Not all non Jews show p0rn to the whole bus.

That’s a rare thing. Don’t stereotype non Jews.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:02 am
We have monitors on our busses.

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:03 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
The problem is not that the driver isn't Jewish, the problem is the inappropriate stuff he's showing! He could be a pedo and grooming these kids, you should not send your kids on this bus and other parents should be warned because this is dangerous!

It isn't the same driver. The only similarity is that neither is Jewish.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:04 am
Color doesn’t make a difference. I just mentioned it because the tiny 4 yr olds are scared. We live in a tight knit Jewish community and this is new to them. It doesn’t mean that because one driver did something horrible our driver will do the same. But I do know of fathers driving their kids daily to protect them. Most of my kids have a rebbi on the bus as well. Somehow this bus doesn’t.

amother
Cherry

LovesHashem wrote:
Not all non Jews show p0rn to the whole bus.

That’s a rare thing. Don’t stereotype non Jews.

This is a funny post.

amother
Mustard

amother [ Cherry ] wrote:
It isn't the same driver. The only similarity is that neither is Jewish.

I edited my post, I don't think it's a problem, most people are decent and just want a job.

thunderstorm

The issue is not whether he’s Jewish or not or black or white . The problem is this particular driver. He needs to be reported . I’ve had a crazy driver when I was growing up. After parents filed complaints he was fired.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:06 am
Everyone clicking on your thread thinks that you are posting about YOUR kids' driver showing them inappropriate stuff.

Are you saying you heard some (very probably fake) story about some random sicko driver and now you think ALL non jewish bus drivers do this? You do realize most drivers, Jewish or not, want to keep their jobs and don't do insane stuff like that, right? The opposite of rebbi does not equal pervert. Just saying.

gonewiththewind1

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:06 am
It doesn't matter who the driver is.
There should always be a teacher monitoring in addition to the driver.

imasinger

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m shocked beyond. My boys said they have a black driver lately and our school administrator says yes because he’s out of drivers. The rest are rebbis or good heimishe drivers. I just heard of a crazy scenario and I can’t get to myself. A non Jewish driver in some summer location drove around the big boys showing them xxxxography. Would you let your kids go to school with these drivers??

Are you saying that because a g0yish black driver in some summer location was reported to have shown teen boys some p0rn, you are afraid that since your boys now have a black g0yish driver, they, too, are at risk for being shown p0rn?

Isn't that like if a non Jew said, "I read a case about this Jewish person who did a horrible thing, so I don't want my kids to be around Jews, because they do horrible things"?

Make sure your boys, regardless of the background of the driver or anyone else, would come to you if something was wrong. More than that starts to get into the realm of making terrible and unfair assumptions.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:08 am
SafeAtLast wrote:

This.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:10 am
SafeAtLast wrote:

On busses provided by the govt or for routes that are paid by the school district such as in Monsey, a monitor is not allowed.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:10 am
And yes because I heard this story wether true or false, makes me feel scared that these things can happen with my kid’s driver as well.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics