Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Activities for almost 3 year old that is stuck at home due

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:32 pm
to chicken pox and is going out of her mind with boredom. She already played with every one of her toys, took a long bath, colored, did stickers, and playdough.

Teomima

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:08 pm
Take each one of these steps further. Don't just play with playdough, but make your own together so it becomes a double activity. Make your own bath crayons together for drawing with in the tub. When it's time to eat, have her "help" you cook meals. And meanwhile, be grateful it's just temporary. Being stuck home with an almost 3 year old, plus several others, describes my entire 2020 Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:20 pm
Except that I am working the entire day, trying to make up from the past month, and its my husband (who is still on bain hazmanim from yeshiva) that is watching her. And I think he is losing his mind more than her already/.

Teomima

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Except that I am working the entire day, trying to make up from the past month, and its my husband (who is still on bain hazmanim from yeshiva) that is watching her. And I think he is losing his mind more than her already/.

Nu, so he can make playdough and bath crayons and cookies with her.

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 3:08 pm
Someone just recommended this book to me. Even if you don't do TV it has great ideas.

Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood: Let's Play Together!: 365 activities, games & projects for young children https://www.amazon.com/dp/1948.....psc=1

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 3:14 pm
I'm not a fan of screen time but I would make an exception. If you don't watch videos you can even play your wedding video for her.

tichellady

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 3:44 pm
Some of the things that we do are making ice cream with ice and salt, baking soda food coloring vinegar volcanoes, Kids Zumba or yoga or dance party

Hope she gets better, hang in there

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 6:50 pm
Some things we like which can make a little bit of a mess but keep my kids busy

1) kinetic sand- I have kinetic sand folding sandbox and my kids are pretty good w keeping it in the box. I have little tiny trucks they use with it too

2) play with water- give them a big bowl w water and some droppers, tongs, little toys floating around in there like plastic frogs

3) If it's an option for the kid to play outside, do chalk, bubbles, play with a spray bottle (dollar store) which my kids love

4) this isn't the most hands off but my kids like to look at magazines and make a collage. so if there is a picture of a car, dog, bike or anything else that interests them we cut it out and then they glue the pics onto a paper

hatzlacha!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics