Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
A bath mat or rug that I can wash in the machine weekly

snowflake1

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 9:34 pm
Hi,
I’m wondering if anyone has links to a nonskid bathmat or bath rug that can be washed in the machine weekly without starting to shred. The microfiber ones are not non-skid even though they are advertised so.
Thanks so much in advance

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 9:36 pm
We use these. 2 for each bathroom that we alternate. They have small sizes and large sizes (16x24 and 35x24), and various colors.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/t.....D_BwE

snowflake1

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:29 pm
Thanks Are they non-skid?. I see that they are microfiber the one that I have tried are very slippery when it is wet they are non-skid only on dry floors

bobeli

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 12:25 am
I use the ikea one too, I didn’t know they have a bigger size now. Thank you

nicole81

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 12:30 am
When you say nonskid, do you specifically mean with a rubber backing? I recently bought a 100% cotton bath runner that isn't advertised as non skid, but it doesn't move. I prefer it to the rubber back bc it can go in the dryer on regular heat for a long time.

nicole81

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 12:34 am
And in general, cotton bath rugs tend not to move much. Not necessarily non skid, but definitely not slippery. I have the cotton one from Ikea and I nice thick one from Kohl's. Even the thin ones I bought on the cheap from amazon are better than microfiber any day.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 1:32 am
snowflake1 wrote:
Thanks Are they non-skid?. I see that they are microfiber the one that I have tried are very slippery when it is wet they are non-skid only on dry floors

It's not non skid. It doesn't slip but it does move.

How about something like this? Looks similar to the ikea mat but has a grip backing.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....27679

oneofakind

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 6:20 am
I like the ones that are cotton like a thicker towel. They don't slip and wash well just like a towel.

sky

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 7:23 am
I also use the ones that are just a thick towel. Wash and dry easily
The rubber non skid backing always fell apart when washing so I didn’t want it anymore.

farm

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 10:08 am
Same as above. Love how the hotels give a thicker mat size towel instead of the nasty moldy rubber backed ones, and found them In Marshall’s. Wash them with the regular towels and they are always fresh and clean Smile

snowflake1

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 10:40 am
nicole81 wrote:
When you say nonskid, do you specifically mean with a rubber backing? I recently bought a 100% cotton bath runner that isn't advertised as non skid, but it doesn't move. I prefer it to the rubber back bc it can go in the dryer on regular heat for a long time.

Thanks everyone for your responses I don’t need it to have rubber backing as long as it doesn’t slip do you have a link to the one that you bought?

sari00

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 10:46 am
I found great ones in Costco... just wash -put it on the line to dry

nicole81

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:31 am
snowflake1 wrote:
Thanks everyone for your responses I don’t need it to have rubber backing as long as it doesn’t slip do you have a link to the one that you bought?

This one from kohls is good https://www.kohls.com/product/.....t.jsp

I like this one from Ikea... was the first one I got, and would have snatched up more at that price if I knew I'd be so happy with it! https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/a.....7347/

And if you're looking for something bigger, like a runner, I like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....06301

Amarante

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 12:44 pm
farm wrote:
Same as above. Love how the hotels give a thicker mat size towel instead of the nasty moldy rubber backed ones, and found them In Marshall’s. Wash them with the regular towels and they are always fresh and clean Smile

I just use a towel. The towels get cycled through - e.g. a used towel is then laid down before I take a shower and then after it dries a bit, it just gets washed with everything else.

I can't stand mats that stay on the floor as they make it difficult to clean around and are more difficult to wash than an ordinary towel.

I also prefer the clean look of a bathroom floor without anything on it.

However if you do want a dedicated bath mat, this article had recommendations for both the "rubber backed" type and the hotel type that are more like very thick towels.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecu.....mats/

They recommended the Lands End as the best mat with a nonstick backing

They recommended Front Gate as having the best hotel style thick style.

snowflake1

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 1:39 pm
Thanks again for everyone’s replies.
I think I will look in marshals and Costco and see what they have otherwise I will go with ordering something that was recommended here

nicole81

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 2:20 pm
Amarante wrote:
I just use a towel. The towels get cycled through - e.g. a used towel is then laid down before I take a shower and then after it dries a bit, it just gets washed with everything else.

I can't stand mats that stay on the floor as they make it difficult to clean around and are more difficult to wash than an ordinary towel.

I also prefer the clean look of a bathroom floor without anything on it.

However if you do want a dedicated bath mat, this article had recommendations for both the "rubber backed" type and the hotel type that are more like very thick towels.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecu.....mats/

They recommended the Lands End as the best mat with a nonstick backing

They recommended Front Gate as having the best hotel style thick style.

Totally agree not to keep anything on the floor, and that can be done with bath towel mats, too. We have 8 of them and a small bin for used washcloths and bath rugs that's changed out daily. OP I definitely recommend purchasing multiples, depending on how many people use the bathroom. In my house, person puts towel mat on the floor, takes a shower, squeegees and then dries up the floor and shower with the towel mat, and dumps it in the bin.

Miri1

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 2:24 pm
I second the towel idea!
I just have a bunch of hand towels, and tell my kids to take one and use for their feet - then they throw in the laundry. Much easier to clean than a bath mat, and this way no one's sharing any verucas or whatnot - cleaner in my opinion.
True I'm washing lots of towels, but they're far less bulky and awkward than washing bathmats.

And when I shower, I end up just using the damp towel to wipe around the floor a bit - effortless touch ups Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics