Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Another If you found out you were carrying twins...
1  2  Next

Another if you found out you were carrying twins...
Do you have twins in your biological family? Aunts, grandparents etc  
 28%  [ 11 ]
Did you go for treatments which increased the chances?  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Was it completely unexpected and out of the blue?  
 69%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 39

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 10:00 am
See poll

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 10:10 am
I voted in my family but there are actually twins in my husbands family, not mine.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 10:13 am
My mother A"H had a very good friend who had twins back in the days before ultrasounds. She found out about them when her labor did not stop with the birth of the first one. Doctor totally missed it!

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 10:17 am
amother [ NeonOrange ] wrote:
I voted in my family but there are actually twins in my husbands family, not mine.

Apparently that’s a thing but I don’t understand why!

Chayalle

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 10:18 am
I think more than one option in your poll can apply to someone.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:28 am
Identical twins happen by chance
Buy my husband is a fraternal twin he had a sister I have distant identical twins cousins and triplets

amother
Glitter

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:44 am
I have a set of identical twins. I don't have twins in my family, but identical is not genetic either way. I have taken chlomid for another pregnancy, years later-but just a single.

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:47 am
Can getting off certain BC be a factor sometimes?

Last edited by amother on Mon, Dec 20 2021, 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:52 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Identical twins happen by chance
Buy my husband is a fraternal twin he had a sister I have distant identical twins cousins and triplets

Do you have twins?

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 12:03 pm
yes I have identical twins I found out late by sonogram in the 5th month right after the doctor examined me for a heart beat he missed hearing two ,

YYYY

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 12:08 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Apparently that’s a thing but I don’t understand why!

Can you explain? As far as I know having twins has nothing to do with the father.

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 12:29 pm
Tooooooooons of twins in my family, and there have been another 2 sets born since mine.

But the number of people who asked me this was, uh... it's an uncomfortable question, especially when asked alongside something hinting (or even outright) about if they are "natural."

It's awkward to put people on the spot like that, you know?

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 12:33 pm
I frequently ovulate more than one egg, from what I've learned. Probably due to mild PCOS - some cycles I ovulate more than one, some cycles not at all. Just last month I was having abdominal pain and went in for an ultrasound to rule out cysts, and it turned out the pain was from ovulation - one from each ovary. It was an unexpected sadness, because the last time I saw that on the screen was when I found out I was having my twins (it was early enough that the functional cysts were still visible).

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 12:51 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Tooooooooons of twins in my family, and there have been another 2 sets born since mine.

But the number of people who asked me this was, uh... it's an uncomfortable question, especially when asked alongside something hinting (or even outright) about if they are "natural."

It's awkward to put people on the spot like that, you know?

I would never ask a person to their face if they conceived naturally or not! This is an anonymous enabled forum for a reason!

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 12:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would never ask a person to their face if they conceived naturally or not! This is an anonymous enabled forum for a reason!

Oh goodness - I'm not accusing you!!!! Chas v'shalom!!!! Just sharing that when someone asks that randomly in the grocery store it's flustering!

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 1:49 pm
YYYY wrote:
Can you explain? As far as I know having twins has nothing to do with the father.

No I can’t understand it! But I frequently hear that. But zygotes splitting (identical) seem to be a fluke, and fraternal twins are the mother releasing 2 eggs so how does it make sense??

YYYY

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 1:53 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
No I can’t understand it! But I frequently hear that. But zygotes splitting (identical) seem to be a fluke, and fraternal twins are the mother releasing 2 eggs so how does it make sense??

Maybe these duplicate twins are coincidence? Anyone can have twins, as you can see from the poll...

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 2:29 pm
There's a higher incidence of identical twins in fertility treatments than the general population. I happen to know someone who did IVF, they put in one embryo and she ended up with identical twins.

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 3:27 pm
Chayalle wrote:
My mother A"H had a very good friend who had twins back in the days before ultrasounds. She found out about them when her labor did not stop with the birth of the first one. Doctor totally missed it!

My grandmother was put into some type of twilight sleep for labor. She woke up and was informed that she had two babies! I can't imagine the shock

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:53 pm
My twins are fraternal but no twins in my family or dh's as far as we know!
We didn't do any fertility treatments either...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more