Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Plus size shopping in Brooklyn

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 2:13 pm
I might be in Brooklyn next week. Any recommendations for stores that carry 3X and 4X sizes and not just XL? I really need Shabbos clothing and something to wear to sheva brachos later this month.

Also, where can I buy plus size Shabbos robes?

bsy

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 2:15 pm
I heard of a store called drama, on kings highway. I've never been there but I think its bigger sizes.

dankbar

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 2:17 pm
LeBon
ELZEE

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 2:58 pm
My dream dress 1471 55th street

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 3:11 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
My dream dress 1471 55th street

Very nice store. Not a huge selection but whatever they have is very nice!!
I like this store.
You can also try Mrs. K on 45th street and new Utrecht avenue

epic

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 3:57 pm
Beauti full boutique in monsey on main street is plus size fashion
They have the most stunning casual and elegant selection up to 5x .
My favorite store!!! I travel from brooklyn to shop there!! If you're only being in Brooklyn you might wanna check their site.. it will be well worth it!!

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:01 pm
I second my dream dress and beautiful. I personally can’t order from the site because I need to try things on but I also travel in from Brooklyn. Amazing service and you’re guaranteed to find stuff there. Mrs k didn’t have above xl the last time I went.

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:20 pm
Hi. Does My Dream Dress have an online presence as well? I really don't have time or energy to go in person if I don't have to. Thank you.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:23 pm
PinkandYellow wrote:
Hi. Does My Dream Dress have an online presence as well? I really don't have time or energy to go in person if I don't have to. Thank you.

They’re on Instagram

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:24 pm
Drama is on Quentin road in the 30's. They also have a website if you want to check out their stuff.

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:28 pm
I noticed Juness (18th Ave) had a few racks of plus size clothes, I think that's new. I'm not sure the exact sizes, or if they have nice stuff in that size, I didn't look, just saw a sign that said plus sign....
Probably not worth it for you (op) since was just a few racks and your coming from far, but figured I'd put write about it anyway in case anyone from Brooklyn is interested.

epic

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 7:21 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I second my dream dress and beautiful. I personally can’t order from the site because I need to try things on but I also travel in from Brooklyn. Amazing service and you’re guaranteed to find stuff there. Mrs k didn’t have above xl the last time I went.

Beauti full is online and on Instagram... same here about Mrs k.. I was there recently .. she barely has anything in 2x even

out-of-towner

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 7:23 pm
I have been successful in The Robe Collection on 13th Ave. Very nice staff as well! Got some tops and a skirt in addition to a robe.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 7:27 pm
I just ordered from beautiful based on the recommendations here. I couldn't get anything over my head and I don't have a huge head or neck. The necks were super tight. It was all the tops I tried. Did anyone else have that issue or is it just me?

epic

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 7:29 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I just ordered from beautiful based on the recommendations here. I couldn't get anything over my head and I don't have a huge head or neck. The necks were super tight. It was all the tops I tried. Did anyone else have that issue or is it just me?

From beauti full? I shopped a lot there already.. never had this

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 7:48 pm
out-of-towner wrote:
I have been successful in The Robe Collection on 13th Ave. Very nice staff as well! Got some tops and a skirt in addition to a robe.

Yes they also have nice things but I don’t think for sheva brachos. More for casual shabbos or for every day

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 10:39 am
Thanks everyone!

I actually went to Beautifull Boutique in Monsey over the summer and bought a dress I'll be wearing to the wedding but I need more clothing and it's too far away from where I live. Brooklyn is closer.

I wish I could just shop online but I really need to try things on. I'm a difficult shape to fit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries