Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Have attitudes towards non vaxxers changed since 2018?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Oatmeal

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 1:59 am
Historically speaking, pandemics cause mass distrust in the medical establishment, because it exposes the weak points of the system. That doesn't mean the medical system is untrustworthy; it just means people's anxiety and confusion causes social upheaval and changes in attitudes among the masses.

So I was not surprised by the spread of anti-vax attitude in general, but I'm somewhat taken aback by how deeply it has gripped the frum community.

Because, no offense, we are not less "sheepish" than any other group of people in the world; some would argue quite the opposite in certain respects. And there seems to be a correlation between religious belief and anti-vaccine attitude.

So in summary, my attitude towards "regular" antivaxxers has not changed.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 8:37 am
amother [ Oatmeal ] wrote:
Historically speaking, pandemics cause mass distrust in the medical establishment, because it exposes the weak points of the system. That doesn't mean the medical system is untrustworthy; it just means people's anxiety and confusion causes social upheaval and changes in attitudes among the masses.

So I was not surprised by the spread of anti-vax attitude in general, but I'm somewhat taken aback by how deeply it has gripped the frum community.

Because, no offense, we are not less "sheepish" than any other group of people in the world; some would argue quite the opposite in certain respects. And there seems to be a correlation between religious belief and anti-vaccine attitude.

I saw a Newsweek article about this today. The medical establishment has turned the doctor-patient relationship into a purely profit business and it's no longer about the best interest of the patient, nor is medicine any longer an "art". Doctors are limited in how they can treat and prescribe and they can't start getting creative. Small town doctors once knew the whole family and knew what genetic conditions everyone had and saw the homes that they lived in.
Now, most medical practices are bought by the industry and in some small towns, the friendly little hospitals are forced to close.
So if someone comes along and is more reassuring than the random nurse, technician, or pharmacist who is mass vaccinating in grocery stores and drive ups, that person will win over someone who would truly rather use snake oil if dispensed by someone who really seems to care. (I am not calling off label medications snake oil).

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 9:01 am
amother [ Oatmeal ] wrote:

I hear this. I personally don’t believe the distrust is unwarranted, though I do think some of the reasons people give are a little superficial and weak. But I hear your opinion. You think it’s just an emotional response, not rigorous or thought through.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 9:03 am
southernbubby wrote:
I saw a Newsweek article about this today. The medical establishment has turned the doctor-patient relationship into a purely profit business and it's no longer about the best interest of the patient, nor is medicine any longer an "art". Doctors are limited in how they can treat and prescribe and they can't start getting creative. Small town doctors once knew the whole family and knew what genetic conditions everyone had and saw the homes that they lived in.
Now, most medical practices are bought by the industry and in some small towns, the friendly little hospitals are forced to close.
So if someone comes along and is more reassuring than the random nurse, technician, or pharmacist who is mass vaccinating in grocery stores and drive ups, that person will win over someone who would truly rather use snake oil if dispensed by someone who really seems to care. (I am not calling off label medications snake oil).
Sure, let make people who don’t trust huge profitable medical industrial complex conglomerates seem like idiots who fall for snake oil charmers because they speak sweetly and actually seem to care about them. Instead of admitting that the industry needs an overhaul. And that there are still some physicians out there who actually care about health and healing rather than their bottom line, and them not getting sued.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 9:06 am
southernbubby wrote:
About 10,000 doctors gathered recently in support of ivermectin instead of vaccines so I don't think that they are all of one mind.

Where? Do you have a link to the news story?

amother
Oatmeal

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 10:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I hear this. I personally don’t believe the distrust is unwarranted, though I do think some of the reasons people give are a little superficial and weak. But I hear your opinion. You think it’s just an emotional response, not rigorous or thought through.

Depends who, but the mass reaction is not one triggered by rigorous research, but good persuasive techniques aimed at people emotionally primed to be susceptible to it.

And to be clear, I do think the medical system needs to be fixed on many levels.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 10:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sure, let make people who don’t trust huge profitable medical industrial complex conglomerates seem like idiots who fall for snake oil charmers because they speak sweetly and actually seem to care about them. Instead of admitting that the industry needs an overhaul. And that there are still some physicians out there who actually care about health and healing rather than their bottom line, and them not getting sued.

We all believe something because of our prior experience. Years ago, the frum community fell for a series of multi level marketing strategies that usually sold health related products. These people would totally believe in a product, such as blue-green algae, and proclaim it to be the cure for everything from ADHD to cancer and this would last until a new MLM scam came along. The usual narrative was that the medical establishment only made money if they made and kept people sick and vaccines were designed to induce illness for years to come so that big pharma could continue to reap profit but the MLM companies had to compete differently because they were a threat to big pharma if people knew the "truth".
So yes, there was some snake oil being pedalled and people fell for scam after scam.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 10:03 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Where? Do you have a link to the news story?

I can try to find it but it had to do with Dr Robert Malone.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 10:09 am
It was apparently a virtual meeting:

Home
News
Sports
Law
Health
Business
Education
A&E
Local Events
Multimedia
Desert Kids News
More
Search...
Toggle navigation
The Desert Review
advertisement
Next Up
NEXT UP
Ivermectin - Truth and Totalitarianism
Vaccines, Ivermectin and the Physicians' Rome Declaration
by Justus R. Hope MD Oct 6, 2021 Updated 22 hrs ago 0
Einstein
Standing for Ethics with Science

Facebook
Twitter
WhatsApp
SMS
Email
Save
Dr. Robert Malone, of Salk Institute fame, invented the mRNA vaccine platform technology, and he is now among the most vocal critics of the vaccine mandates.

Albert Einstein criticized governments for misusing his gift of E=MC2, the Theory of Relativity, and making the atomic bomb. Einstein carried this guilt for the rest of his life.

In a letter to President Roosevelt, he wrote, "Had I known that the Germans would not succeed in producing an atomic bomb," he said, "I would have never lifted a finger."

Likewise, Kary Mullis, the inventor of PCR technology, lamented that it was not designed as a diagnostic tool and should not be used for biological testing. Nevertheless, it is widely used in its abominated form to diagnose cases of COVID that do not exist. However, most doctors, including Anthony Fauci, acknowledge that when pressed at greater than 25 to 30 cycles, the PCR suffers from upwards of a 90+% false positivity rate.

More and more examples exist, from Alfred Nobel and his dynamite invention to Kamran Loghman, a chief developer of pepper spray. But, unfortunately, their new technology was adulterated into something immoral, unethical, or destructive.

Loghman was horrified when his pepper spray was used callously and aggressively by police against UC Davis demonstrators.

“I have never seen such an inappropriate and improper use of chemical agents."

https://www.theatlantic.com/te.....9044/

Today, genetic vaccines and even drugs like Molnupiravir that create catastrophic mutations - only in viruses, of course - represent the brink of science and perhaps the brink of humanity.

Will the human race ultimately use these methods to destroy itself in its quest for pure science and technology?

Rather than wait and find out, Dr. Malone and other ethical physicians convened the Rome International COVID Summit. It garnered more than one million logins from around the world and resulted in the release of the Rome Physician's Declaration.

https://gnews.org/1551513/

This Declaration has attracted more than 10,700 signatures from physicians worldwide as of yesterday as scientists around the world call for a halt to the reckless use of Dr. Malone's invention - mRNA platform technology - and a renewed attention to Human Rights.

https://www.thedesertreview.co......html

Albert Einstein once said, “It is the responsibility of every human being to aspire to do something worthwhile, to make this world a better place than the one he or she found.”

Einstein and Nobel would be proud of Dr. Robert Malone's Declaration, and perhaps humanity may live another day - if enough people awaken - before it is too late.

Please ask your doctor to sign the Rome Declaration today.

https://doctorsandscientistsdeclaration.org/

Facebook
Twitter
WhatsApp
SMS
Email
Save
From the WebPowered by
Matt Damon Makes His Stance On COVID Vaccines Clear
Matt Damon Makes His Stance On COVID Vaccines Clear
White House Press Sec Reveals The Reason Shes Stepping Down
White House Press Sec. Reveals The Reason She's Stepping Down
When You Get Pfizers COVID Vaccine This Is What Happens To You
When You Get Pfizer's COVID Vaccine, This Is What Happens To You
The Tragedy Of Angelina Jolie Is Just GutWrenching
The Tragedy Of Angelina Jolie Is Just Gut-Wrenching
(0) COMMENTS
Welcome to the discussion.
advertisement
Search...
Support Local Journalism
advertisement
advertisement
MOST POPULAR
Articles
India's Ivermectin Blackout - Part V: The Secret Revealed
Thousands of medical professionals declare COVID policies “Crimes Against Humanity”
Vaccines, Ivermectin and the Physicians' Rome Declaration
Inventor of mRNA banned by the New England Journal of Medicine
The Ivermectin Deworming Hoax - Part II: Eric Clapton’s Human Rights Warning
Navy SEALs told they’re undeployable if they don’t get COVID-19 vaccine
TODAY'S POLL
Favorite Halloween Candy
Skittles
Candy Corn
Hot Tamales
Twix
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Starburst
M&M's

The Desert Review Vol. 8 Issue 5
The Desert Review Vol. 8 Issue 5
advertisement

News
Desert Kids News
Local Events
Search
Submission Forms
Classifieds
Promote Your Event
thedesertreview.com
110 South Plaza
Brawley, CA 92227
Phone: 760-351-0100
Email: editor@thedesertreview.com
© Copyright 2021 thedesertreview.com, 110 South Plaza Brawley, CA | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy