Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
OTC to delay menstrual cycle URGENT!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 10:42 am
I can't get to my OBGYN in NYC is there anything over the counter? Or anyone who would prescribe something in Brooklyn for a new patient.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:03 am

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:15 am
You should be able to get birth control pills from any walk in clinic. If you are on the pill and skip the placebo week you won’t get your period

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:09 pm
A high dose of ibuprofen can often hold it off for a day or two, but isn't medically recommended or completely reliable.

Quote:
Stopping a period would require a higher dose than any over-the-counter bottle recommends: about 800 milligrams of ibuprofen, every six hours, or 500 milligrams of naproxen, three times a day. This would have to be done very regularly. 

I've done it once or twice when my period was threatening to come on the day I had booked a massage. It worked, but I was only trying to delay it for a day or so.

sequoia

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:14 pm
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
A high dose of ibuprofen can often hold it off for a day or two, but isn't medically recommended or completely reliable.

Quote:
Stopping a period would require a higher dose than any over-the-counter bottle recommends: about 800 milligrams of ibuprofen, every six hours, or 500 milligrams of naproxen, three times a day. This would have to be done very regularly. 

I've done it once or twice when my period was threatening to come on the day I had booked a massage. It worked, but I was only trying to delay it for a day or so.

How does a period stop you from getting massaged?

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:35 pm
I have a trip coming up with my husband and I skipped the placebo pills this month for the first time and I still got my period. Just very light

Did I do something wrong ?

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:39 pm
amother [ Winterberry ] wrote:
I have a trip coming up with my husband and I skipped the placebo pills this month for the first time and I still got my period. Just very light

Did I do something wrong ?

By skipped the placebo pills you mean you went straight to your next pack or you just didn't take anything?
If you started a new pack you didn't do anything wrong. Some peoples body don't respond well to doubling up.

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:42 pm
The confident kallah could be a good option

challahchallah

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:51 pm
Will your OBGYN do a phone or televisit? That might be the easiest. They might even prescribe something without a formal visit if you call.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 1:52 pm
amother [ Zinnia ] wrote:
By skipped the placebo pills you mean you went straight to your next pack or you just didn't take anything?
If you started a new pack you didn't do anything wrong. Some peoples body don't respond well to doubling up.

I went straight to the new pack.
Oh well 😩

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 2:14 pm
amother [ Winterberry ] wrote:
I went straight to the new pack.
Oh well 😩

It took me time to build up a tolerance to skipping placebo and delaying period. It didnt work on the first time.

amother
Strawberry

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 3:44 pm
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
It took me time to build up a tolerance to skipping placebo and delaying period. It didnt work on the first time.

Didn't work for me either. I was staining constantly! Rolling Eyes

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 4:17 pm
It’s not over the counter but if you can get a script for progesterone suppositories - it might work.

(Not for sure).

But it’s a medication so you have to discuss with your doct if it’s ok for you to take it

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 4:27 pm
I'm not in the US but my GP (primary care dr) prescribes me that sort of thing. (primulut nor)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics