Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Baby Clothes for Winter - I don't understand what I'm seeing
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Sb1234

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

And something like this is beautiful but totally not practical. The threads will pull and rip in no time.

It’s not expensive- kids are meant to wear their clothes out. You can buy something new mid season if that happens (and I doubt it will).

amother
Kiwi

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And something like this is beautiful but totally not practical. The threads will pull and rip in no time.

I had this last year but for a walking baby. It was excellent. I washed it every week. If I had a gentle load I did that but if not I washed it cold. Never dried it though. It’s still in great condition and I’m using it again this year. It runs big.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:20 pm
amother [ Kiwi ] wrote:
I had this last year but for a walking baby. It was excellent. I washed it every week. If I had a gentle load I did that but if not I washed it cold. Never dried it though. It’s still in great condition and I’m using it again this year. It runs big.

Yeah a walking baby is a whole different ballgame.

amother
Kiwi

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yeah a walking baby is a whole different ballgame.

It’s not that delicate to me. Also my baby was a lot on the floor. I used it every week all shabbos and it still survived. For me it worked.

lucky14

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My babies wear a short sleeved bodysuit as an undershirt.

Then something like this together with a matching top like this would fit right but seems to be too thin.

Something like this which is a bit thicker won't fit right. It's too wide all over.

That's funny that you say that. My daughter had that exact outfit last winter (she was a little over one). It was one of my favorite outfits on her. She was crawling and walking in it. She didn't wear it outside much though (certainly didn't crawl around in it outside) but it held up very well. I forgot all about that outfit. She wore it often on shabbat.

lucky14

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:40 pm
amother [ Kiwi ] wrote:

Oh yeah I also washed it on delicate cycle, cold water and hung to dry (I do that with almost all clothing though).

newmother

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 10:00 pm
Target leggings are cheap and fit nicely
https://www.target.com/s/baby+girls+leggings

987gold

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 10:16 pm
Tottini tops with leggings from target or children's place or lil legs if you want specific ribbed look or color

amother
Cornsilk

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 10:19 pm
Also stretchies are practical. I LOVED A LIL LEGGS VELOUR stretchie for $30. He wore it 30x and then passed on to my sister. He wasn't an early walker, but definitely cruised in it.

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:40 pm
lucky14 wrote:
That's funny that you say that. My daughter had that exact outfit last winter (she was a little over one). It was one of my favorite outfits on her. She was crawling and walking in it. She didn't wear it outside much though (certainly didn't crawl around in it outside) but it held up very well. I forgot all about that outfit. She wore it often on shabbat.

Yes my baby had that last knit outfit and wore it for months!!

HeartyAppetite

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 12:41 am
Check out lil legs they make very cute sets. Nice knits are just for show, when you put your baby down you put on a pair of leggings on them.

imaima

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 2:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My babies wear a short sleeved bodysuit as an undershirt.

Then something like this together with a matching top like this would fit right but seems to be too thin.

Something like this which is a bit thicker won't fit right. It's too wide all over.

I didn't have this experience with these items.

Again, I don't think you necessarily need knitted fabrique, you may try regular leggings or leggings with tights if the floor is cold.

Last edited by imaima on Fri, Oct 08 2021, 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total

imaima

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 2:57 am
Op I think your solution would be to order track suits from different websites in the same size and compare the fit once they are all in your house. A sweatshirt with sweatpants seems to be the type of clothes you think are warm enough for her.

Then you can send back all of them that don't fit your baby the way you expect. Otherwise you will waste a lot of time walking to shops and looking for a unicorn outfit for her.

Teomima

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 3:14 am
I found Carter's fit my long and thin babies best. I would layer, so onesie and leggings for home, and added layers for when going outside. I'd mostly use "regular" pants and shirts on top of the onesie and leggings, "regular" meaning the things that wouldn't fit my long, thin babies but fit better as a second layer. This way I could avoid thicker clothing like sweaters, which hardly ever fit right. Then a coat and a bunting bag for the stroller.

byisrael

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 3:16 am
op im in israel where the floor is very cold cause its all tile and stone
I also have skinny babies
my hack is the reg. cheap thin leggings on top of a pair of warm tights when its cold. This way they are warm, the socks dont fall/get pulled off, and the fit is tight.
I pair with a cute sweater+ undershirt. if theleggings are tight its ok if the top is baggy imho

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 11:19 am
Those of you who rely on the undershirt as an added layer, do you do long sleeved bodysuits?

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 11:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Those of you who rely on the undershirt as an added layer, do you do long sleeved bodysuits?

Sometimes or a long sleeve regular shirt or sweater.

Zehava

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 11:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes many times. With cute designs and prints so it can be an outfit on its own.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 11:41 am
Op, you actually made me laugh. in the summer you don't like to dress your baby in shorts and shorts because everywhere has a/c so your baby will be cold. but in th winter you don't use that logic. yes everywhere will have heating so technically you can put on thinner clothing but you are looking for thicker stuff. but why?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 12:08 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Op, you actually made me laugh. in the summer you don't like to dress your baby in shorts and shorts because everywhere has a/c so your baby will be cold. but in th winter you don't use that logic. yes everywhere will have heating so technically you can put on thinner clothing but you are looking for thicker stuff. but why?

I know it's funny but I go by the way I feel when I'm dressed. (What's a sweater? Something a child wears when the mother is cold LOL ) In the winter I wear thicker stuff or else I'm cold and in the summer I wear thin clothes because I spend lots of time outdoors but when indoors I tend to be cold. I also think that babies are more likely to be cold than an adult because they're smaller so they have a harder time maintaining their body temperature. I'll rather err towards the side of making sure they're warm enough.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics