Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Where can I get an electronic tag removed from a coat?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 2:56 pm
I order an appaman coat online for my son last summer from century 21. By the time is started wearing it in the winter and I noticed it had the electronic magnetic tag still attached century had gone out of business. I was nervous to take it to a non Jewish store in a mall because I didn’t want them to suspect me of having stolen it, I didn’t think the whole thing would go over very well. Does anyone have any idea of friendly strores in the vicinity that will do this for me as a favor? Or any tricks for getting it off?

sequoia

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 3:00 pm
Um... how did that happen?

How did you leave with it?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 3:01 pm
sequoia wrote:

lol. Ordered online. Will edit my OP

Not the first time it happened to me, the other time they said to send it back and they replaced the item

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 3:06 pm
This has happened to me more than once, unfortunately. Some stores are just not careful with these things. I actually brought mine into their brick and mortar location with the receipt, but this article explains how to remove the tag.
https://www.wikihow.com/Remove.....thing

Reality

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 3:14 pm
sequoia wrote:

It happened to me in a brick and mortar store. I brought it back with the receipt right away and they took it off.

Nothing beeped when I left the store. I was so annoyed when I got home!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 3:40 pm
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
This has happened to me more than once, unfortunately. Some stores are just not careful with these things. I actually brought mine into their brick and mortar location with the receipt, but this article explains how to remove the tag.
https://www.wikihow.com/Remove.....thing
The first few methods did nothing so I tried the fire method and it actually worked! Thank you!

amother
Mulberry

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 5:10 pm
sequoia wrote:

I actually worked for a while in a very popular store in a very busy mall. This happens all the time, I cannot tell you how many times a day someone would come in with a product that a sales associate accidentally left the tag on.

The ones we used were taken off with a magnetic device, I’m not sure exactly how it worked though so can’t offer advice there. Hope other people have ideas that work! If not, I’d just take it into any store that doesn’t sell that item and explain what happened, and see if they’d offer to help

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:40 pm
amother [ Mulberry ] wrote:
I actually worked for a while in a very popular store in a very busy mall. This happens all the time, I cannot tell you how many times a day someone would come in with a product that a sales associate accidentally left the tag on.

The ones we used were taken off with a magnetic device, I’m not sure exactly how it worked though so can’t offer advice there. Hope other people have ideas that work! If not, I’d just take it into any store that doesn’t sell that item and explain what happened, and see if they’d offer to help
I ended up burning it off with a lighter and it worked.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries