Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
When do you shower your kids before Shabbos?

aaloof

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 1:33 pm
For your kids that need help showering, when do you start before Shabbos?

Like for example, I have two kids that I need to help them, they are still at the age where I can bathe them together but if for example Shabbos starts a 6:40 and I start getting everyone ready at 5:00 then I feel like I'm rushed to bathe them and then I want to shower and get dressed and always lighting minutes before Shabbos. But if I start getting everyone ready earlier, then I have to worry how to keep them clean until Shabbos.

Just want to know how I can go into Shabbos calmly and light earlier already dressed and not be stressed before trying to get everyone showered and ready.

Einikel

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 1:36 pm
I like doing it earlier I give my daughter lunch, let her play a little then bathe her.

honeymoon

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 1:39 pm
In the winter I bathe them on thursday night for shabbos with the exception of the baby. In the summer I start as early as it makes sense for them to put on their shabbos clothing after the bath.

zaq

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 1:40 pm
Most people I know with young children bathe them much earlier in the day and hope for the best. Some folks I know bathe their kids Thursday night and repeat on Friday only if there's a pressing reason like some sort of mishap.

tweety1

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 2:45 pm
Depends, when shabbos starts really early, those that take baths do so on Thursday night, otherwise it's after lunch on Friday with the exemption in the summer. That's when I start about 3-4 pm

Mermaidinexile

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 3:09 pm
Around 4:30 pm. If they are going to shul with dh, they will be I'm underwear or pjs until candle lighting then I'll put on their shabbos clothes.

SG18

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 5:07 pm
I like to bathe baby at least 2 hours before Shabbat.

#Happymom

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 5:31 pm
I bath them thursday night, that way they're technically fine til Sunday morning - but if I have spare time/they get covered in ketchup - I'll bathe them on friday, like 2 hours before Shabbos.

Beyla

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 5:36 pm
I bath them on Friday afternoon as I like to have fresh and clean kids in fresh and clean clothes for Shabbos (for the time it lasts🤣). We don’t have a garden, they don’t play with pencils and I give them a bib if they need to eat after. But at the end of the Shabbos meal they’re not clean anymore 😉

s1

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 5:39 pm
Thursday nights for all kids except teenagers

crossroad

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 7:30 pm
Thursday night girls wash thier hair (doesn't always work out) and then they do a body wash like 3pm on early shabbos. But we try to get baths/showers started at 2pm for boys, girls. We are usually last.
The 4:15pm shabbos are rough. My favorite is when Shabbos starts around 6.

hodeez

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 7:49 pm
3 o'clock the kids shower, take a nap, then wake up before candlelighting to get dressed.

Tamari

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:32 pm
I bathe my kids Friday morning before school. Probably doesn’t work for everyone but both my kids and I are up early anyway, and I love it this way.

waterfall

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:37 pm
I shower first and then bathe my son usually while I’m putting on makeup.

ez-pass

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:47 pm
I aim for about 2 hours before shabbos. I have 4 kids but only need to help the two younger ones. I have three bathtubs upstairs, so older three kids take at the same time. And then I just stick the baby in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics