Home

You are not the only one
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 7:55 am
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
Many people are also voting with their feet.

Abbott made mandatory vaccinations illegal in Texas.

Many people who could travelled out of Australia.

Challenging times.


Those who can, go elsewhere but that's not the same as getting the public behind a measure to ban mandates.
If restaurants lose business they will fight mandates but what if more people are eating out because they now feel that it's safe for the first time since the pandemic started? Maybe it's actually helping business and if it is, why would they complain?
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 8:14 am
southernbubby wrote:
Those who can, go elsewhere but that's not the same as getting the public behind a measure to ban mandates.
If restaurants lose business they will fight mandates but what if more people are eating out because they now feel that it's safe for the first time since the pandemic started? Maybe it's actually helping business and if it is, why would they complain?


Mandate does not make places safe

Vaccinated also spread Covid.
Back to top

amother




Jetblack
 

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 8:19 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Mandate does not make places safe

Vaccinated also spread Covid.


I think she was suggesting that being able to eat in a restaurant knowing everyone there is vaccinated may be increasing business - even if it's out of a completely false sense of security.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 8:43 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I think she was suggesting that being able to eat in a restaurant knowing everyone there is vaccinated may be increasing business - even if it's out of a completely false sense of security.


Exactly!
Many people my age don't read alternative media and assume that they are safe by going to places where everyone is vaccinated. Restaurants and gyms will now attract them.
People usually don't vote against or protest against something that's in their best interest. People who move to Florida in order to avoid state income tax will probably not vote for someone who pushes a wealth sharing agenda, even if it benefits others in society. We may choose not to pay more for a product, even if that product is environmentally friendly. We tend to look out for ourselves, at least in American culture.
Back to top

amother




Calendula
 

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 8:46 am
Why would anyone vote or protest for something they feel is against their own best interest? One's own best interest does not have to be in conflict with what one feels is best for most/community either.
Back to top

amother




Garnet
 

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 8:50 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Mandate does not make places safe

Vaccinated also spread Covid.


Slightly off topic, but #Bestbubby, I used to wonder why you had to argue your point over and over when no one would listen. Now I respect your tenacity and backbone very much.

I hope the anti-mandates side win because then all people are free.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 9:48 am
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
Why would anyone vote or protest for something they feel is against their own best interest? One's own best interest does not have to be in conflict with what one feels is best for most/community either.


Again, if a politician wins votes by convincing the public that he is keeping them safe, why should they oppose that?
Back to top

trixx




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 9:50 am
southernbubby wrote:
Again, if a politician wins votes by convincing the public that he is keeping them safe, why should they oppose that?


It's not the governments job to keep my body healthy.
Back to top

amother




Cyan
 

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:08 am
southernbubby wrote:
Those who can, go elsewhere but that's not the same as getting the public behind a measure to ban mandates.
If restaurants lose business they will fight mandates but what if more people are eating out because they now feel that it's safe for the first time since the pandemic started? Maybe it's actually helping business and if it is, why would they complain?


This is so shortsighted because the whole point of the government is to control those businesses. (And the people of course).
So if the vaccine mandate will actually attract more customers (which I doubt it will,) the government will implement some other unconstitutional laws to kill them all.

Why do some people still not realize this?
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:09 am
trixx wrote:
It's not the governments job to keep my body healthy.


But many people are in favor of public health and will vote for it and may outnumber those who don't put "public" and"health" in the same sentence. They are more concerned about their health than they are about your rights and they feel that mandates keep them healthy. They don't get their information from the same sources that you do.
My sister is like that. She lives in Kentucky where there are lots of cases and most are in the unvaccinated population and she regards them as ignorant and uneducated.
Back to top

amother




Impatiens
 

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:52 am
Good news!! A judge just sided with healthcare workers and religious vaccine exemptions are now allowed. Hopefully this will end the vaccine mandates.

https://www.rochesterfirst.com.....ions/

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/.....tions

I also believe that the hearing for the teachers lawsuit is today, lets hope they win their case as well. Enough with the tyranny and overreach by the authoritarian dictators pretending to be our government.
Back to top

amother




Magenta
 

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 11:02 am
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
E"Y and the US re not the same.
different culturally and in many other ways as well
vast majority of israelis are trained to communal think for better or worse through the IDF
that can be great
as well as detrimental look at Gush Katif...
everything has advantages and disadvantages to different degrees
so ya not apples to sabra fruit Wink


It's not precise to dismiss the Israeli response as 'communal think'. We aren't sheep. The general attitude toward vaccines here is based on facts.

Look at statistics. Most of the severely sick in hospitals are unvaccinated. (When I say unvaccinated, I include those for whom more than 6 months have passed since their second vaccine). Most of those taking up precious ECMO machines are unvaccinated.

Medical staff and hospitals are not infinite sources. Yes, Israelis are frustrated that people are not vaccinating, getting sick, and then taking up precious medical care. If an unvaccinated person needs urgent care, it comes at the expense of someone else.

That said, there are plenty of anti-vaxers here. I've notices many of them are either very frum or very hippie/secular/nature types.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 11:10 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
This is so shortsighted because the whole point of the government is to control those businesses. (And the people of course).
So if the vaccine mandate will actually attract more customers (which I doubt it will,) the government will implement some other unconstitutional laws to kill them all.

Why do some people still not realize this?


Because they are concerned about the current issue and they don't follow media that says that the government is trying to seize control.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 11:21 am
Why didn't the hugger hug my last post? Is she asleep on the job?
Back to top

amother




Impatiens
 

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 11:31 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
It's not precise to dismiss the Israeli response as 'communal think'. We aren't sheep. The general attitude toward vaccines here is based on facts.

Look at statistics. Most of the severely sick in hospitals are unvaccinated. (When I say unvaccinated, I include those for whom more than 6 months have passed since their second vaccine). Most of those taking up precious ECMO machines are unvaccinated.

Medical staff and hospitals are not infinite sources. Yes, Israelis are frustrated that people are not vaccinating, getting sick, and then taking up precious medical care. If an unvaccinated person needs urgent care, it comes at the expense of someone else.

That said, there are plenty of anti-vaxers here. I've notices many of them are either very frum or very hippie/secular/nature types.

The bolded is just an admission that the vaccines arent working. And in America, they are trying to force recovered people with antibodies and t-cells to take the vaccines as they dont recognize natural immunity so not only do the vaccines not work (as you pointed out) but even natural immunity isnt good enough for our authoritarian dictators who are making these rules (firing healthcare workers, teachers, and pilots for example which even Israel isnt stupid enough to do, only communists, I mean democrats). Why arent the vaccine companies going back to the lab to see how the vaccines can be tweaked so they should actually work instead of forcing people to take more experimental drugs that dont work?

BTW, Pfizer will now vaccinate an entire city in Brazil to study the long term effects and safety of the vaccine. Do you think for one minute that this is ethical? Why werent these studies conducted before the vaccines were massed produced? What happens if someone in this Brazil city doesnt want to be vaccinated, do they have the right to not be a guinea pig in this study? And how will the vaccine company know if the drug is safe and effective if there is no control group?
https://thehill.com/policy/hea.....study
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Recent Topics

Page 6 of 6 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Which one should I wear?
by amother
1 Today at 12:03 am View last post
Which one doesn't belong?
by sl1
258 Yesterday at 5:18 am View last post
by salt
Halachot of one sink?
by amother
36 Mon, Nov 29 2021, 10:17 pm View last post
Abie Rottenberg- How I dreamed that one day…
by amother
11 Fri, Nov 26 2021, 4:33 am View last post
How much did you pay for DJ or one-man-band?
by amother
10 Thu, Nov 25 2021, 12:25 am View last post