Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Making my own baby food

Cookin4days

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:09 pm
Hi!
How do I go about making my baby food? Is it really just steaming the veggies and then puréeing it? Or is there more to it… also if anyone has recipes I’d love or any other ideas, thank so much in advance !

hodeez

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:15 pm
Yup it's as easy as that! I don't steam, I either boil or bake, just because that's easier for me.

honeymoon

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:39 pm
It's easy as pie. I mash the veggies from my chicken soup together with some chicken, divide it in mini containers with covers and freeze.

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 2:26 am
Do you warm them up before feeding it? Or just defrost straight from the freezer?

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 3:19 am
Look into baby lead weaning.

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 3:27 am
Babies can eat food, if they're old enough to eat. They don't need specific baby food.

The mashed food is so it's easier for the parent to spoon feed, and less messy. So just take some of your dinner and mash it up for them.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 3:42 am
Look into baby led weaning. You totally don’t need to mash or purée food.

EishesYo

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 4:40 am
https://betweencarpools.com/ma.....food/

so easy and fun
I used to freeze in ice cube trays

google it
so many great ideas

we find mixing funky spices in expanded our childs palate

IE apple vanilla
butternut squash and cinnamon
zuchinni and basil

#Happymom

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 6:16 am
I used to make a pot of compote with no sugar and make a large pot of veg soup (with no salt) and then freeze it in small containers and that would last me a week. I did it for my babies when they were around 6 - 8 months before they were eating real food. I used to serve it to them cold, straight from the fridge.

Teomima

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 6:33 am
It really is as easy as steaming and mashing/mashing up something already soft like bananas or avocados. No need to salt anything (better if you don't). Certainly no need to add sugar. Or you can just puree up some of your own dinner. But not all babies are in to eating mushy foods off of a spoon so if yours doesn't like it, don't be alarmed. Some prefer "feeding" themselves, which might mean playing with their food then licking their fingers, or having no interest in anything but nursing/the bottle until they're old enough to hold the food and really feed themselves (soft foods like well cooked carrots or avocado slices, or firmer foods they can gum till they dissolve, like breadsticks). I've had all the above with my kids.

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 11:51 am
#Happymom wrote:
I used to make a pot of compote with no sugar and make a large pot of veg soup (with no salt) and then freeze it in small containers and that would last me a week. I did it for my babies when they were around 6 - 8 months before they were eating real food. I used to serve it to them cold, straight from the fridge.

OBs done this and put some in the fridge and some in the freezer. I was just never sure if I need to warm up after defrosting and it’s complicated to do so without a microwave since it’s such small amounts.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 11:55 am
I use the beaba babycook just because it’s so so easy, but you could also easily do it yourself (the machine just saves time)

You just chop up the food your using, put into the steam basket, about 15-20 minutes to steam depending on which foods, then you pour it into the outer bowl and purée

sarahph1

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 11:57 am
If ur Gona make baby food steaming is the way to go, if u boil it ur taking out many of the nutrients and it goes straight into the water
Good for you!

Cookin4days

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 4:06 am
Thank you all for your responses, appreciate it immensely!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics