Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What rug matches couch?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 9:41 am
What color area rugs match a navy or brown couch? I anyways like neutral, like greys etc. What matches?

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 3:02 pm
Like you said-something neutral, maybe a bit of a pattern-in the beige family....

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 3:08 pm
One of the "rules" of interior design, is that if you are going to do a color theme, always start with the rug. Finding the perfect rug is the hardest part!

From there, you take the colors in the rug to choose your paint, draperies, and upholstery. Then you have things coordinated.

I've done interior design quite a bit in the past, and I find this to be true. A slight tone that is off in a rug can throw everything off. Too warm or too cool of a color will clash like crazy.

When you buy rugs, make sure that they have a return policy so that you can take them back to the store the next day if you find that it's not going to work. A good rug store will want to help you make the right decision, especially if that is all they sell, and they tend to sell high end items.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics