Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Panasonic will be selling phones that block 2000 callers

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 1:49 pm
Can someone notify me/others who may be interested. here, when theyre on sale.

Costco already has one such model, but its only available for members.

https://www.costco.com/panason......html

tia

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 7:16 pm
bump

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 7:47 pm
I have this phone (or at least something very similar). You can block and block and block every spam call, but they keep calling from different numbers. I don’t get how it helps anyone.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 7:54 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I have this phone (or at least something very similar). You can block and block and block every spam call, but they keep calling from different numbers. I don’t get how it helps anyone.

I have a similar phone for many years with maybe 200 blocked calls. I know they telemarketers always call from new numbers, but somehow I want to try a phone that blocks 2000 callers.

Amarante

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 9:38 pm
I have an iPhone and to my knowledge it blocks an unlimited number of callers including spam texters.

It really doesn't seem to do much because even when I don't bother to block a Spammer, they never use the same number. They generally do show up as coming from "probable SPAM" but I don't answer any number I am unfamiliar with anyway.

I guess it would work if you have numerous "enemies" or "frenemies" you wanted to block proactively for some reason. LOL

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 9:45 pm
Would something like this interest you? AT&T offers a feature called Smart Call Blocker where you can set it up that only certain numbers can call, and if it's any other number, they would need to either press a key (to prove that they're human) or announce themselves (depending on the setting you apply)- otherwise, the phone wouldn't ring so spammers couldn't bother us. I've used it but dh hated that when our dc's friends called, it just confused them and they would hang up. That being said, I know someone who absolutely loves the feature.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics