Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Nyc special educator professional certified, continued educ

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 6:58 pm
What if I didn't do any continued education (I research constantly but not anything official) and its over 5 years after I got my professional certificate. What happens next. Does my license expire? What do I do to prevent that

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 7:10 pm
They can audit you and ask for your records of the hours. I don't know if it's happened to anyone, though.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 7:13 pm
Of I did professional development through agencies but don't have record what do I do then?

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 7:15 pm
Make a list as best as you can. They ask for a record, not necessarily for proof...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 7:21 pm
Does my license automatically expire? Do I have to upload records of continued education in order for my license not to expire or do I just need to keep records on my own...and is it too late to take continued education after 5 years are up

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 8:04 pm
I don't think it automatically expires. They don't ask everyone for records.

It's not too late - I think you can get an extension.

nicole81

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 8:31 pm
It won't expire. Make a log. Include all pd days like election day, anniversary day, and if you're at a school on a 6:20 schedule, include all the built in pd hours. You'll be fine.

amother
Lightgray

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 8:37 pm
If I am not currently working and not getting those courses, after five years my license would expire?

What would I need to do to get it active if I’d ever choose to go back to work?

nicole81

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 8:43 pm
amother [ Lightgray ] wrote:
If I am not currently working and not getting those courses, after five years my license would expire?

What would I need to do to get it active if I’d ever choose to go back to work?

I think there are 3 posters asking questions on here lol. Do you have the professional certificate? If so, your license may not expire... It depends if the state checks. If they do and happen to revoke it, you just have to pay a reinstatement fee and do the pd hours.

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 9:00 pm
Ask your agency or your college.if you went to one of the frum colleges they may be able to guide you. You might not need professional development at all...

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 9:02 pm
Also you can take free professional development on www.edweb.net.

nicole81

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 9:09 pm
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
Ask your agency or your college.if you went to one of the frum colleges they may be able to guide you. You might not need professional development at all...

Oh yeah, I was thinking from a school perspective. Agencies likely report the hours automatically on your behalf.

amother
Lightgray

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 10:45 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I think there are 3 posters asking questions on here lol. Do you have the professional certificate? If so, your license may not expire... It depends if the state checks. If they do and happen to revoke it, you just have to pay a reinstatement fee and do the pd hours.

Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics