Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
North Miami Beach/Boca Raton
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:27 am
amother [ Apple ] wrote:
Who passed away?

Rabbi Dovid Lehrfield, rav from YI in NMB

amother
Apple

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:29 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Rabbi Dovid Lehrfield, rav from YI in NMB

Wow I I'm so sorry to hear that, I remember hearing he was sick. Bde.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:30 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Much much Mazel. When it was the right time it worked out. You have to work fast. A family member is a real estate agent and my husband and I were following the market closely. When it was the right time it really all fell into place. We bought just outside the chulent (NMB/tip of Miami Gardens Dr). It is walking distance to khal chasidim though BH.

Wow bH- so happy for you!! I guess you need pull everywhere to get in.. not just Tri state area lol:)
What kind of crowd is there? Litvish/chassidish/ yeshivish?

amother
Stone

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:35 am
It’s just that the housing market is hot there now

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:39 am
[quote="amother [ Stone ]"]It’s just that the housing market is hot there now[/quote

I hear

amother
Black

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:45 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
It should be with Mazal, Bracha and hatzlacha!!

Amein! Thank you

amother
Black

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow bH- so happy for you!! I guess you need pull everywhere to get in.. not just Tri state area lol:)
What kind of crowd is there? Litvish/chassidish/ yeshivish?

We are chassidish/very heimish. Rav is the same. It's definitely a mixed area but that is the beauty. Eveyone has their own beautiful minhagim and very respectful. You end up appreciating who you are. It's an out of town feel...different than NY. It's scary but so exciting to continue our life there. We just davened to Hashem that if it's the best for us hashkafally and everything else it should work out. We are following His guidance.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 12:48 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
We are chassidish/very heimish. Rav is the same. It's definitely a mixed area but that is the beauty. Eveyone has their own beautiful minhagim and very respectful. You end up appreciating who you are. It's an out of town feel...different than NY. It's scary but so exciting to continue our life there. We just davened to Hashem that if it's the best for us hashkafally and everything else it should work out. We are following His guidance.

100% Your so right!! It should all go smoothly and with mazel!!

amother
Black

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 12:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
100% Your so right!! It should all go smoothly and with mazel!!

Amein..thank you so much

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:33 pm
I has no clue there is a chasdish community in North Miami Beach! Is it fully chasidish, as in shtreimel wearing? I've always dreamed of living in an out of town community with a rav, (I don't know if nmb is out, just saying) and I'm so curious what type of shul/community khal chasidim is. Or is it just a shul but not really a community?
Just curious Smile

amother
Black

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:35 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I has no clue there is a chasdish community in North Miami Beach! Is it fully chasidish, as in shtreimel wearing? I've always dreamed of living in an out of town community with a rav, (I don't know if nmb is out, just saying) and I'm so curious what type of shul/community khal chasidim is. Or is it just a shul but not really a community?
Just curious Smile

Yes, my husband is shtreimel wearing as well as the Rav Feldbrand and many other people who recently moved there full time.

In NMB there are many other types but we all live together

amother
Black

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:37 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Just curious Smile

Concerning khal chassidim it's not really a community but a regular shul. There are plenty of chassidim who daven there.

spiritualsoul

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:40 pm
Who is this Rav Felbrand? Is he the rav of your community? So which shul is he rav of?
Is he the daughter in law of rebbetzin sara feldbrand?
I'm general, what's the community like? Schools? Cost of living? Housing prices? Tuition cost? Job opportunities?
Thanks so much!!

amother
Black

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:46 pm
spiritualsoul wrote:
Who is this Rav Felbrand? Is he the rav of your community? So which shul is he rav of?
I'm general, what's the community like? Schools? Cost of living? Housing prices? Tuition cost? Job opportunities?
Thanks so much!!

Rav Feldbrand is the Rav of Khal Chassidim in NMB. I'm not sure if he is related. A lot of your questions really depends. Do you have more specific questions in those categories?

spiritualsoul

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:52 pm
Yes. We'll really I'll tell you what we're looking for- and you tell me if nmb fits the bill-
We're a chasidish couple with 2 young kids looking where to move to. However most out of town communities are geared for litvish people, so we sort of have to stick to lakewood, tri-state area etc...
My question are as follows:
1. What's the normal price range for a decent starter home?
2. What's the price of school tuitions?
3. What type of people are in your community? Super chasidish, men speak fluent Yiddish, chasidish upbringing etc...? And are they open and accepting?
Thanks! I'm sure I have more questions but that's enough for now:)

amother
Black

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:01 pm
spiritualsoul wrote:
Yes. We'll really I'll tell you what we're looking for- and you tell me if nmb fits the bill-
We're a chasidish couple with 2 young kids looking where to move to. However most out of town communities are geared for litvish people, so we sort of have to stick to lakewood, tri-state area etc...
My question are as follows:
1. What's the normal price range for a decent starter home?
2. What's the price of school tuitions?
3. What type of people are in your community? Super chasidish, men speak fluent Yiddish, chasidish upbringing etc...? And are they open and accepting?
Thanks! I'm sure I have more questions but that's enough for now:)

No problem, I remember when I was in your shoes!!

1. $500,000 might be a little higher these days due to demand.
2. Its around 12,000 however, if you make under a certain bracket the government kicks in up to 8,000 so it is cheaper than New York.
3. My husband as well as others had a full Chassidish upbringing, our kids speak Yiddish amongst each other, as an overall community definitely open and accepting and appreciate each other's differences.

** By the way the Rav really wants to start a chassidishe cheder. He is currently looking for Yingerlat that have a couple of kids to help build the community, be part of the kollel...

spiritualsoul

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:21 pm
Thank you so much for your information! It's really helpful!
A personal question- what made you move down there? It's a huge thing to do being that we're chasidish, everyone will be against such a move in my family- parents, in laws...
And my husband and I don't even know where we should move too... we're so lost because the places are either too chasidish and in the box, or heimish/litvish which is definitely not for us.
So what did you see in nmb, or what's there now that you have over ny/nj?
And isn't it hard to move away from family?
You can pm if you don't feel comfortable sharing, or whatever you feel comfortable with

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 7:27 am
spiritualsoul wrote:
Thanks so much!!

Just want to point out that RABBI feldbrand isn’t the DAUGHTER in law of anyone!!
I grew up in NMB, I remember when khal chassidim first opened. I’ve been living in NY for 15 years and I can’t get over the mentality difference. Now it might be different though, because there are now so many New Yorkers living there full time, not just on vacation.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 7:46 am
spiritualsoul wrote:
We're a chasidish couple with 2 young kids looking where to move to. However most out of town communities are geared for litvish people, so we sort of have to stick to lakewood, tri-state area etc...)

Perhaps the new community in Tampa would suit your needs. I have family that moved there and they are thrilled.

amother
Gardenia

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 7:54 am
My mom lives in boca. I don’t believe there are any chasidim there. Maybe to vacation but not raise a family and not part of the schools. There are chabad style shuls and people in boca. Nmb has some chasidim. I heard it’s mostly for people running away or don’t know where they belong.
What about the new community in Tampa?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating