Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Not PURIM yet!!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 7:52 am
Purim is March 16 to 17. That's a full 5 months away.

Can we have Chanukah and Tu B'Shvat before we enter full blown meltdown costume/shaloch manot mode?

bigsis144

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 7:56 am
Who is "we"? No one is forcing you to do anything before you're ready. Try to ignore the people who are just living their lives - I don't think they're trying to impose their interests, priorities or stresses on you.

singleagain

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 8:10 am
If it makes you feel any better I'm starting to feel anxious about Passover because you know grocery store worker here

dankbar

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 8:17 am
I think some people might think about Purim in month of October when there is Halloween & you can get good deals on costumes

(There always might be someone non Jewish lurking here and trying to get ideas for their holiday)

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 8:19 am
Lots of people like being proactive and relaxed going into Purim. Instead of all the last minute mad dash, they do it slowly and find good sales now and by the time Purim comes around they are done with their feet up on the couch chilling while everyone else is running around like a chicken without a head.

hodeez

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 8:26 am
singleagain wrote:
If it makes you feel any better I'm starting to feel anxious about Passover because you know grocery store worker here

Oh man hats off to you, what a stressful time of year!!

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 8:30 am
I love Purim.
I usually have my theme and consumes lined up by Chanuka.
Not because I am usually ready that far ahead, just because I love Purim!
So don't mind me. I won't talk about Pesach until Adar, but I'm gonna be busy with Purim!
Thinking of doing a Curious George theme this year, and I'm so excited about it!

Last edited by amother on Mon, Dec 20 2021, 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 8:54 am
I’m sick and basically stuck in bed all day. I’d like to think about it to keep my mind off of other things. Still brainstorming. Any good ideas for a family of little girls that like to look pretty? But not princesses or kallahs Smile

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 9:01 am
I'm the poster whose doing a kallah theme. I ordered the costume yesterday together with the accessories! If it's any consolation though this is my fourth purim since I got married and only my first year being on time all the other years I was still planning on Tanis Esther! Though I don't know about mishloach man's yet Wink

singleagain

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 9:01 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I’m sick and basically stuck in bed all day. I’d like to think about it to keep my mind off of other things. Still brainstorming. Any good ideas for a family of little girls that like to look pretty? But not princesses or kallahs Smile

What about dressing up like famous paintings?

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 9:13 am
If people want to plan it’s not your business. The world doesn’t need to cater to your whims. Not sure why you can’t ignore those posts and let people live.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 9:18 am
singleagain wrote:
What about dressing up like famous paintings?

Ooh that speaks to my creative side! Can you give examples of how I’d go about that? Also I feel like if I don’t do it right people won’t be able to tell what we are.

singleagain

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 9:49 am
Ooh that speaks to my creative side! Can you give examples of how I’d go about that? Also I feel like if I don’t do it right people won’t be able to tell what we are.

Well like let's say the swing painting right she's in like a pretty pink dress medieval kind of dress so maybe you can search for like a pink medieval dress I don't think it has to be exact If you look online you'll see that people have like these costumes with frames and holes in the face and that's just kind of boring but you know I would just say like look at the style of clothes and then you know go online and search for like medieval color what you know or European or Victorian or whatever the style is

Also apologies for the voice to text

amother
Geranium

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 1:53 pm
dankbar wrote:
I think some people might think about Purim in month of October when there is Halloween & you can get good deals on costumes

Yep. My dh already bought his. BEFORE that pagan festival because for once he wanted to have a selection and not have to make do with the picked-overs and left-overs.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 1:59 pm
I thought I was the only crazy one looking out for sales on costumes during Halloween time.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 3:48 pm
I love reading about people's costumes and shalch manos. We are a very happy no-theme purim family (goodies in a cute bag and call it a day) and can't purchase costumes on advance because my little ones change their minds up to a week before purim. But I admire the themes in other people's purim! And it's never to early to discuss purim....!

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:07 pm

Butterflies. Light pastel clothing and iridescent wings you can order anywhere
https://www.google.com/search?.....dpr=2

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:18 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Butterflies. Light pastel clothing and iridescent wings you can order anywhere
https://www.google.com/search?.....dpr=2

Or building on this- 4 different critter.
(Butterfly, bumble bee, water bug, dragonfly etc.)
They sell them all with wings.

Another idea can be mythical creatures.
(fairy, dinasour, unicorn, mermaid etc.)

These can be for a family with boys too.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Dec 20 2021, 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 11:16 pm
I need good websites to order costumes from, would love to find things on sale now.
Specifically looking for tailcoats and top hats for kids, English gentlemen style. And the woman's version for little girls, old fashioned fancy dresses.
Any suggestions?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 11:20 pm
I LOVE Purim!
I love planning and being creative.
Last year, my girls were ballerinas, they looked gorgeous and loved it.
I started thinking about this year already, but won't tell you what it is, cause no need to cause unnecessary stress. I didn't buy or prepare anything yet, but if I bump into any costume or MM items, I'll just buy it.
Also, I do custom cookies and cakes, so the Purim season is crazy busy.
I try to get all those little tasks out of the way, cause I'm really busy right before Purim.
That's my perspective, everyone has theirs.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics