Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
LPN vs. RN in NJ advice please.v

momofone613

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 2:47 pm
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'm just doing it here.

Stay with me, this may be a bit long winded 🙈 I'll do my best to get to the point tho!

I've been thinking of going to school. I want to start out slow, maybe 1 or 2 Gen. Ed classes, a semester (English class, math etc) and then move on from there. My goal would be to end in a degree. (🤞)

I'm not in a rush, because BH for now my husband makes enough for us, and because I have young kids, and realistically it would be impossible to go all in at once, not to mention I haven't been in a school setting in 10yrs and don't want to burn out/get too overwhelmed!!

I'd love some form of nursing degree, either LPN or RN.

Which brings me to my questions.

1) Which would make the most sense, in terms of finding a job, LPN or RN? I'd love to do either nursing homes, or in home care, as I've done (non medical) in home care and loved and excelled in it! I don't mind needing to 'check in' with RN before executing a plan of care, but can I even find such jobs as an LPN in NJ?

2) besides for time/money, what is the difference in schooling between LPN and RN?

3) and this is a big one, I definitely wasn't top of the class at math in school. I THINK the issue was that In the beginning grades I didn't have the best teachers for math, and my parents were of no help. So instead I just lagged behind, and then it got to a point where I psyched myself out that I couldn't do it, so ever tried to understand, and pay attention in class. I'm really hoping if I start off with some remedial math classes, maybe I can get to a place where I can do it.
Edited to ad: I have found in my adulthood there have been things that I previously thought was impossible for me to learn (new languages for instance) and have since been able to understand/communicat a little in 2 new languages. So I'm starting to think, with the right mindset and class maybe I can catch up a bit.

PLEASE no negative comments. Honesty is fine, if you think there is no way I can even attempt nursing because of this. But please don't be hurtful, for example "how dare you even attempt/or think you can do this! What are u, stupid' etc...

I am tired of being the only one who has not furthered their education, and feeling inferior in every social setting. Even with my husband. I really want to better myself.

Thank you for taking the time to read this (and hopefully respond).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics