Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Easiest way to get pictures off an iPhone?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 8:07 pm
I have a ton of pictures and want to know if there’s any tips or tricks on how to get them off quickly and safely back them up on my computer (or hard drive).

Right now it’s not uploading to my computer the regular way, it says “pictures and videos not found” even though my phone storage is full with pictures.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 8:21 pm
Google photos. It’s an app and the pictures get stored there so it doesn’t take up space from the phone.

Amarante

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 9:02 pm
Apple has excellent free support through the telephone.

You might want to have the ability to use another phone when calling them since you might need to do stuff on the iPhone which would cut off your connection with them. They are available on Sunday

You haven't mentioned what OS your computer is. On Apple I have transferred photos using Airdrop to my computer. They will appear in the Download file on your computer in a few seconds.

I have also emailed photos but you are limited in the size of the files so that only is useful when I wanted to transfer a smaller number of photos.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 9:58 pm
amother [ DarkPurple ] wrote:
Google photos. It’s an app and the pictures get stored there so it doesn’t take up space from the phone.

Ty! I do like google photos, but it’s asking me to buy a subscription. I would get it if I knew I can get all my photos off google photos onto the pc easily... do you know how? I once tried but only had the option of saving individual photos and videos.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 9:59 pm
Amarante wrote:
Apple has excellent free support through the telephone.

You might want to have the ability to use another phone when calling them since you might need to do stuff on the iPhone which would cut off your connection with them. They are available on Sunday

You haven't mentioned what OS your computer is. On Apple I have transferred photos using Airdrop to my computer. They will appear in the Download file on your computer in a few seconds.

I have also emailed photos but you are limited in the size of the files so that only is useful when I wanted to transfer a smaller number of photos.

Wow! Airdrop to a computer sounds amazing and fast. I don’t have a Mac, is that what you’re referring to?

Amarante

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow! Airdrop to a computer sounds amazing and fast. I don’t have a Mac, is that what you’re referring to?

It is part of the MAC OS ad the iOS. Everything works so seamlessly with MAC devices.

Apple support is great as I have needed to call for various issues over the years and they have always been resolved. Their support people are knowledgeable and really try to solve the issue. I once had a difficult issue and got a call back from a senior engineer who worked with me until it was resolved.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:35 pm
Amarante wrote:
It is part of the MAC OS ad the iOS. Everything works so seamlessly with MAC devices.

Apple support is great as I have needed to call for various issues over the years and they have always been resolved. Their support people are knowledgeable and really try to solve the issue. I once had a difficult issue and got a call back from a senior engineer who worked with me until it was resolved.

Thank you, I’ll try them.

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 12:46 am
iCloud? All my photos backup to iCloud automatically and then I can login on any computer and have access to everything
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics