Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Feeding Toddler

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 5:40 pm
what kind of food do you give 1 year old? my daughter is usually always constipated these days from solid foods plus she’s a picky eater. I recently switched to store bought almond milk because I didnt think she was tolerating dairy well. ive been trying so many different things to help her eat more and go to the bathroom often but doesnt seem to work ( yes we went to the doctor also) and they say more fruits and veggies ,prune juice, water blah blah.. she doesnt like oatmeal so far which has a lot of fiber and still doesnt like veggies. She eats a few things like bananas which she loves, grapes, watermelon and fish. any suggestions?

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 5:41 pm
Give her what you eat.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 5:49 pm
I am actually pregnant in the first trimester so I barely eat. I just cook for her and my husband and whatever I find that I cam tolerate I eat so thats a little difficult.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 7:01 pm
I’m surprised they didn’t tell you to stay away from bananas- that and rice are both very constipating. If she has them often that can be giving her the trouble. If a baby is constipated I would give no more than 1 banana every other week and make sure it’s super ripe.

P fruits are helpful- Pear, plum, prunes

I find for my baby cooked apples (not applesauce) are the best. Just cook them with some other fruit till they’re mushy.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 7:04 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I’m surprised they didn’t tell you to stay away from bananas- that and rice are both very constipating. If she has them often that can be giving her the trouble. If a baby is constipated I would give no more than 1 banana every other week and make sure it’s super ripe.

Every other week? Meh, that's very seldom! Ripe bananas aren't constipating. A lot of people don't like their bananas ripe for some reason, preferring them to be all yellow with no spots.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics