Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
KRM Beef Arayes

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 11:51 pm
Hi, does anyone know what sort of varieties they carry? I'd like to order the one that has the sausage flavor, not the one with cumin as dh doesn't like that.
Any idea what's the name of the flavor to order?

amother
Green

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 3:45 am
I don't know anything about KRM but just wanted to mention that arayes is one of easiest suppers to make when short on time. Season the beef anyway you like, stuff into a pita and onto the grill pan...yummy!

amother
Cornsilk

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 6:10 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I don't know anything about KRM but just wanted to mention that arayes is one of easiest suppers to make when short on time. Season the beef anyway you like, stuff into a pita and onto the grill pan...yummy!

Easy is subjective . Some people say schnitzel is easy and to me it’s the biggest patzka. So does what you describe above (making sure I didn’t tear the pita would be near impossible for me lol. I’m not good with things that need precision)

neveralone

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 7:04 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:

Sorry to go off tangent but can you please post recipe? I never heard of this food!

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 7:10 am
neveralone wrote:
Sorry to go off tangent but can you please post recipe? I never heard of this food!

https://www.kosher.com/recipe/arayes-9401

I never made it, but I just posted a recipe for it.

bsy

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 7:46 am
neveralone wrote:

I season ground meat/chicken/both with bbq spice and a little bbq sauce. Mix and stuff meat into pita halves. Mix oil, salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning/oregano and rub on the outside of the pitas. Bake on 400 for 25 to 30 minutes, flipping halfway. you can freeze them raw and defrost and put the oil on right before you bake them.

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 7:59 am
Balbustas choice 3 has a great version of it using chicken.
If I'm making it with beef, I like mixing the beef with small pieces of purple onion, baby tomatoes cut in 4, and chopped fresh parsley. I bake both versions on 400 for about 25 minutes.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 9:12 am
There now and they had one with sausage. And it's on sale

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 9:35 am
I make arayes all the time, and tearing the pita a bit is not really a big deal. It still comes out and tastes great. I totally don't get the spending extra on ready-made arayes.

As to recipes, lately I use one that was recently in Mishpacha's FF, for pastrami arayes, except I don't always put in the pastrami. I find it's delicious just with the other ingredients (sauteed onion, BBQ sauce, mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper....)

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 9:58 am
Chayalle wrote:
I make arayes all the time, and tearing the pita a bit is not really a big deal. It still comes out and tastes great. I totally don't get the spending extra on ready-made arayes.

As to recipes, lately I use one that was recently in Mishpacha's FF, for pastrami arayes, except I don't always put in the pastrami. I find it's delicious just with the other ingredients (sauteed onion, BBQ sauce, mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper....)

Can you post the recipe?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:05 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Can you post the recipe?

https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....11653

ETA: I use like 1/2 the brown sugar in the recipe. I don't like intensely sweet meat.

neveralone

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 5:40 am
Thanks sounds yum!

amother
Maize

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 6:23 pm
Chayalle wrote:
https://www.kosher.com/recipe/caramelized-pastrami-and-onion-arayes-11653

ETA: I use like 1/2 the brown sugar in the recipe. I don't like intensely sweet meat.

Does the sauce get mixed into the mixture or you serve it on top?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries