Home

Growth Hormone Treatment - pease share
Previous  1, 2, 3

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Watermelon

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 7:18 pm
Hi! I'm Bumping this up because I'm dealing with this now.

I was wondering if the mother that filed a successful external appeal would be willing to pm me or anyone else that was successful getting insurance to cover for ISS

amother

Khaki

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 7:26 pm
amother [ Watermelon ] wrote:
Hi! I'm Bumping this up because I'm dealing with this now.

I was wondering if the mother that filed a successful external appeal would be willing to pm me or anyone else that was successful getting insurance to cover for ISS

I’m not sure if that was me but we did have to file an external appeal for my oldest son with ISS. The doctor’s office works with you and are usually successful. They should be guiding you, you shouldn’t have to do it on your own.
We use Dr Romero in Mount Sinai and are very happy.

It was over ten years ago, he is already done (and is 5’6”) so I don’t remember details.

amother

Watermelon

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 7:40 pm
Thank you for your reply!
I was under the impression that Drs offices will not help with the external review process
Thank you for clarifying that!

amother

Scarlet

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 8:35 pm
My son is not deficient in growth hormone and all his bloodwork came back normal. The doctor says he wouldn’t benefit from taking growth hormone. Is this true?

amother

Lavender

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 8:40 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
My son is not deficient in growth hormone and all his bloodwork came back normal. The doctor says he wouldn’t benefit from taking growth hormone. Is this true?

Yes.

amother

Bellflower

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 8:48 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. All these people that I keep hearing about giving their kids gh all their kids are deficient?! My kids tests and blood work also came back normal so I assumed it means they won't benefit from gh.

amother

Watermelon

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 9:09 pm
If your child is not extremely short but is just on the shorter side and there is no gh deficiency most drs won’t recommend it
However in instances where a child is extremely short (I think it’s below the 3rd percentile) it’s recommended and FDA approved

amother

Scarlet

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 10:12 pm
amother [ Watermelon ] wrote:
If your child is not extremely short but is just on the shorter side and there is no gh deficiency most drs won’t recommend it
However in instances where a child is extremely short (I think it’s below the 3rd percentile) it’s recommended and FDA approved

My child is extremely short but the doctor won’t recommend it because he says he would only gain maybe an inch and insurance wouldn’t cover it anyway

imaima

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 2:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I might need to work on my inner self, but I’m a bit worried about people, specifically my in laws, knowing about this.

Not about judgement. But they’d be very upset over this, and that’s an understatement. And everything then becomes a whole family drama with everyone ganging up on me with their opposition, and I’m just not wanting that. But I can’t put the burden on my son to keep it a secret.

Why is it anyone‘s businesses? What’s the big deal?

amother

Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 6:17 am
I took growth hormone as a kid. My parents were super secretive about it and nobody knew not even my closest friends and relatives.

I wouldn’t suggest going that route but honestly didn’t effects too badly. Just when I was dating I never said no to a guy if he was shorter than me cuz I was worried maybe he is my Bashert and I was ‘supposed’ to be shorter lol. I’m happy my parents did it. I’m 5’6 now Smile I grew a lot after they stopped giving me GH I think I was around 5’4 when they stopped.
Previous  1, 2, 3 Recent Topics

Page 3 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h