Home

Keeping shoes on

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


notshanarishona




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:47 am
My 2 year old hates wearing socks and shoes. He is constantly taking them off. Personally inside I don’t mind but he is in preschool now and they don’t like it.
Any suggestions? He is already getting OT for low muscle tone and sensory issues .
Also open to any recommendations of super comfortable light weight material type shoes although we have already tried about 10 brands.
He does seem to like natives/ crocs better than sneakers.
Back to top

Blessing1




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:49 am
Perhaps get him shoes with laces. Tie them with a double knot so that he shouldn't be able to get them off.
Back to top

notshanarishona




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 11:10 am
Blessing1 wrote:
Perhaps get him shoes with laces. Tie them with a double knot so that he shouldn't be able to get them off.


I always felt like that’s not nice to a teacher to have to constantly tie shoes on a kid who is too young to tie them but that’s an interesting idea
Back to top

Blessing1




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 11:14 am
notshanarishona wrote:
I always felt like that’s not nice to a teacher to have to constantly tie shoes on a kid who is too young to tie them but that’s an interesting idea


Why would the teacher have to tie the shoes? If you make a tight double not, the shoes should stay tied all day.
Back to top

notshanarishona




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 11:15 am
Blessing1 wrote:
Why would the teacher have to tie the shoes? If you make a tight double not, the shoes should stay tied all day.

I have never seen a active kid whose shoes stay tied all day and I am a teacher.
Back to top

amother




Marigold
 

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 11:21 am
Granted, I am a hundred years old, but I never bought young children shoes that they can remove themselves, or I would have had no shoes left after I took them out in a stroller.
I was a SAHM and did not send out until nursery school, after they were 3, so regarding teachers, I cannot speak.
Back to top

Blessing1




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 11:29 am
notshanarishona wrote:
I have never seen a active kid whose shoes stay tied all day and I am a teacher.


Even if it's tied with a strong double knot? My toddler wears his shoes all day, it's impossible for him to untie them. It's hard even for my older kids.
How about a buckle? Do you think he'll be able to open the buckle?
Back to top

notshanarishona




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:54 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Even if it's tied with a strong double knot? My toddler wears his shoes all day, it's impossible for him to untie them. It's hard even for my older kids.
How about a buckle? Do you think he'll be able to open the buckle?


You are talking about a kid who has broken the buckles of 3 different high chairs and 2 car seats, and countless strollers. He is that determined to get things off when they bother him. He literally uses his teeth to help him open buckles he isn’t strong enough to push. But I would try anything once
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers

Related Topics Replies Last Post
The shoes thread links s/o
by amother
3 Yesterday at 12:42 am View last post
Black dress shoes for boys age 4 and 8
by amother
0 Wed, Nov 24 2021, 10:34 pm View last post
Which tights and shoes to wear with this dress in winter?
by amother
13 Wed, Nov 24 2021, 10:44 am View last post
SHEIN shabbos shoes for boys
by amother
1 Mon, Nov 22 2021, 12:36 pm View last post
Shoes-Arches W prescription in Brooklyn ?
by amother
9 Thu, Nov 18 2021, 8:00 pm View last post