Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Breast bud, only one side

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 12:41 pm
Dd 9.5 (close to 10) got her first bud on one side. Just kind of popped in overnight. With her older sister, that happened as well, and the other side followed a few days later. But with her, the other said is not here yet. Been a month and a half already. Is this still considered within the range of normal?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 1:28 pm
I'm bumping this. She STILL only has one side, and it's just growing in a normal way, and the other side is just.... Anyone have any idea if this is normal?

amother
Candycane

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 1:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm bumping this. She STILL only has one side, and it's just growing in a normal way, and the other side is just.... Anyone have any idea if this is normal?

A bit of delay is considered normal. About 2-3 months is within the limits of normal. If it goes on for much longer, then check it out with her doctor.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 1:49 pm
Yes it’s normal. If you are concerned you can always have the pediatrician take a look.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 3:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Dd 9.5 (close to 10) got her first bud on one side. Just kind of popped in overnight. With her older sister, that happened as well, and the other side followed a few days later. But with her, the other said is not here yet. Been a month and a half already. Is this still considered within the range of normal?

Totally normal for one to appear even months before the other.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 3:18 pm
We're talking 5 months already. I will be going to her doctor about this, but I want to hear from others NOW that it's still considered normal.

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 3:24 pm
No matter what Dr. Imamother says, you should still have (5 months later!) checked this out with your pediatrician.

What do you expect people here to say?

I never understood this.

What if all here say “its fine” but its not... then what?!?

Its ok to ask if anyone has seen this before etc, but do you really expect a diagnosis here?

Check it out with your ped, (most likely fine), and then you will know.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 3:32 pm
amother [ Bone ] wrote:
No matter what Dr. Imamother says, you should still have (5 months later!) checked this out with your pediatrician.

I never understood this.

Its ok to ask if anyone has seen this before etc, but do you really expect a diagnosis here?

I didn't ask for a diagnosis, I asked if this is in the range of normal. I will be going to a doctor. I just don't think I realized how much time elapsed. Everyone kept saying oh it's normal, it will come and then it dawned on me that it's been a while already...

amother
Garnet

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 3:34 pm
amother [ Bone ] wrote:

I never understood this.

Not everything has to be asked of a doctor! Some things are common knowledge, but an individual still may not be sure. In this case, it is definitely within the range of normal.

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 3:42 pm
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
Not everything has to be asked of a doctor! Some things are common knowledge, but an individual still may not be sure. In this case, it is definitely within the range of normal.

Once again: according to YOU. But since you are not a dr, nor did you examine her, this is exactly what I was referring to...

Yes, it is most likely fine, but YOU cant know for sure. Her dr can.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics