Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Storing medicine

Seraph

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 1:19 am
Where do you store medicine, and in what?
We don't have a medicine cabinet behind our mirror, above our bathroom sink, like I had growing up, so I'm at a loss...

catonmylap

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 2:45 am
We have medicine cabinets. But when we didn't, we used once of those plastic storage things (Keter or an imitation brand). We recently bought one for more storage in general and it has tabs that you need to push down to open it, so it is child-proof, at least so far. (We got it at Mega).

We also bought a child-proof medicine box from a pharmacy(Center Pharm I think) that is useful for medicine that is out, but it doesn't hold that much).

yo'ma

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 6:33 am
If you have space on the sides of your toilet, you can get the shelving unit they sell to go there.

Esther23

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 1:47 pm
I recently read somewhere not to keep medicine in the bathroom since most medicines say to keep in a cool, dark and dry place. When you take a shower the temperatures in the bathroom are very high and humid, not good for most medications. I keep some meds plus vitamins in a basket in a kitchen cabinet.

justanothermother

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 2:04 pm
I also heard not to keep medicine in the bathroom. I keep all medication in a Tupperware in a high cabinet.

Seraph

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 5:18 am
Esther23 wrote:
I recently read somewhere not to keep medicine in the bathroom since most medicines say to keep in a cool, dark and dry place. When you take a shower the temperatures in the bathroom are very high and humid, not good for most medications. I keep some meds plus vitamins in a basket in a kitchen cabinet.

my kitchen gets very steamy from my kumkum...

louche

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 5:52 am
We used to keep all meds in a child-safe container in our room.
The bathroom "medicine chest" is for "health and beauty aids" other than meds.

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 6:17 am
yes - I heard that too about the bathroom ... with hot showers & steam they can get well over 100 degrees ... medicine needs to be in cooler temps ...

so breslov I suppose the kitchen is out that too ... although what on earth is a kumkum ?!?!?! shock

sunshine!

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 6:20 am
I keep medication in my husbands armoire... The vitamins I keep in a kitchen cabinet

Seraph

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 6:21 am
electric kettle=kumkum
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics