Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Bais Yaakov Bnos Chayil
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:00 pm
I was just reading the Voice's list of schools. I saw that name and never heard of it.

Is it a new school? What crowd does it have? If it is not new does it have a 4th grade?

If anyone has info please post.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 5:09 pm
I know it opened this year. The principal is Mrs Weinberg. It only has a (very small) primary for now. I don’t know anything else.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 6:13 pm
What's her experience? Who runs the school? What type are they looking to attract?

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 7:56 pm
Ultra yeshivish. No secular textbooks, etc....

amother
Navyblue

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 12:17 am
Anyone else here can't help but be reminded of Bnos Chayil of old Lakewood?

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 1:30 pm
amother [ Navyblue ] wrote:
Anyone else here can't help but be reminded of Bnos Chayil of old Lakewood?

Yes thought of that when I saw this. My SIL went to that school.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 10:23 pm
Does anyone have updated information for Bais Yaakov Bnos Chayil?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 10:28 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
Does anyone have updated information for Bais Yaakov Bnos Chayil?

This year was its second year. The first class is going into second grade. There was no primary this year, I didn’t ask why. The principal and teachers are very loving. I don’t think the no secular textbook thing is accurate. They get textbooks from Lakewood school district like everyone else in town.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 11:02 pm
Thank you.
What crowd sends there? Where is the location of the school?

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 8:38 am
It is a more extreme RW hashkafa type of school. I would imagine the crowd is people who want that (or perhaps had no other option).

(it might also be good for a child who needs the warmth and attention. It is not a mainstream school.)

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 11:46 am
Mrs. Weinberg is an unbelievable woman, I know her personally.
That said, I'm not sure why the school didn't take off as a mainstream school.
It's definitely super yeshivish, but doesn't seem to be standard, and they got just a tiny class in the beginning. Haven't heard updates.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 11:52 am
Thank you for your responses.
I am still looking for a primary school for my daughter. The Vaad gave her my number and she left me a message. Unfortunately from the responses I don't think it is a good fit for us.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 11:54 am
amother Lotus wrote:
Mrs. Weinberg is an unbelievable woman, I know her personally.
That said, I'm not sure why the school didn't take off as a mainstream school.
It's definitely super yeshivish, but doesn't seem to be standard, and they got just a tiny class in the beginning. Haven't heard updates.

Same, I also know her personally and she is a wonderful person. But the school's Hashkafa is so much more to the right, that it's not mainstream.

amother
Sand

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 12:03 pm
What is so far to the right about it?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 12:11 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
Thank you.
What crowd sends there? Where is the location of the school?

Location is in Bnos Bina

amother
Iris

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 12:16 pm

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:31 pm
amother Sand wrote:
What is so far to the right about it?

Practically? They have a list of hashgachos that they find acceptable and they want a Rav’s letter signed yearly if you have any tech in your house. None of the kids appear to be from especially yeshivish homes.

amother
Sand

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:34 pm
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
Practically? They have a list of hashgachos that they find acceptable and they want a Rav’s letter signed yearly if you have any tech in your house. None of the kids appear to be from especially yeshivish homes.

Oh so maybe they're just really far to the right of the families they're taking, and trying to compensate for that with these rules. But not necessarily to the right of some other Lakewood schools who only admit very yeshivish families and therefore don't need such rules?

keym

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:37 pm
amother Sand wrote:
Oh so maybe they're just really far to the right of the families they're taking, and trying to compensate for that with these rules. But not necessarily to the right of some other Lakewood schools who only admit very yeshivish families and therefore don't need such rules?

I can't explain it. But the people I know who send to Bnos Melech consider the standards and rules of Bnos Chayil to be extreme and excessive.
It's a very warm place.
But actively even more to the right and extreme than Bnos Melech

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:56 pm
keym wrote:
I can't explain it. But the people I know who send to Bnos Melech consider the standards and rules of Bnos Chayil to be extreme and excessive.
It's a very warm place.
But actively even more to the right and extreme than Bnos Melech

In fact it was founded for people who did not find Bnos Melech to be extreme enough.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries