Home

Let’s talk about the Parsha
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Siriusly?

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:19 am
I don't know why I haven't seen this thread until now! Such beautiful ideas, please keep them coming

GLUE

Post Fri, Mar 11 2022, 7:50 am
I meant to post last week

The Haf Torah on Parshsas Pikudei is almost never read, It is usually ether Vakayhel, Shekalim, ect..

This year there was a dilemma, Parshas Vakayhel and Pikudei were on to seprate Parshas But, Parshas Vakayhel was Shekalim so the Haf Torah was not Vakayhel.

Some people have a Mihug when this happens you should read Vakayhel Haf Torah not Pikudei some the other way.

-------------------------------
Fun fact- Parshas Kedshiom Haf Torah is read about every 50 years in another 2 or 3 years we will be reading it

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Mar 11 2022, 7:52 am
Vajirka is with a small alef not a big one because moshe was humble (I was listening to a shiur about this but I forgot most of it)

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 11 2022, 8:36 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
Vajirka is with a small alef not a big one because moshe was humble (I was listening to a shiur about this but I forgot most of it)

Yes! Moshe wrote it smaller. Which begs a question: what happened to the ink that should have been the complete aleph? This ink was something of incredible holiness with incredible purpose.

I don't remember who says this but I heard that the ink got on his face and that was the light that was so strong he had to cover his face when he came down.

dena613

Post Fri, Mar 11 2022, 10:37 am
Yes, we had that a few weeks ago! Karan ohr panav

etky

Post Sat, Mar 12 2022, 9:54 am
GLUE wrote:
I meant to post last week

The Haf Torah on Parshsas Pikudei is almost never read, It is usually ether Vakayhel, Shekalim, ect..

This year there was a dilemma, Parshas Vakayhel and Pikudei were on to seprate Parshas But, Parshas Vakayhel was Shekalim so the Haf Torah was not Vakayhel.

Some people have a Mihug when this happens you should read Vakayhel Haf Torah not Pikudei some the other way.

-------------------------------
Fun fact- Parshas Kedshiom Haf Torah is read about every 50 years in another 2 or 3 years we will be reading it

So Achrei-Mot Kedoshim is the most complex haftorah situation, especially when the parshiyot are read separately and neither haftorah is preempted by Shabbat Hagadol, Rosh Chodesh or erev Rosh Chodesh, which is very rare. Often there is a bit of controversy in our shul which minhag to follow and which haftorah to read. We usually follow the minhag (depending on who actually gets up to read) that favors reading from Amos for Kedoshim and when the two parshiyot are read together. The haftorah for Achrei Mot (according to this shita) which is very seldom read, is a very harsh haftorah from Yechezkel, whereas the one from Amos that is (frequently) read for Kedoshim ends with a beautiful nevuah about Am Yisrael returning permanently to the Land of Israel and the land being fruitful.

GLUE

Post Sat, Mar 26 2022, 10:19 pm
I don't remember who said this:

Parsha Shemini is one of the prof that Hashem wrote the Torah.

In this Parsha it says all the animals that are Kosher, all the Non-Kosher birds, and all the animals that have one sign.

If man wrote the Torah he would not put in a list because it would be impossible to know all of the animals and birds. What would happen if in a few years someone would come up with an animal that is not on this list? And has the right signs? Only the creator of this world can list every thing.

happytobemom

Post Sat, Mar 26 2022, 10:38 pm
GLUE wrote:
I don't remember who said this:

Parsha Shemini is one of the prof that Hashem wrote the Torah.

In this Parsha it says all the animals that are Kosher, all the Non-Kosher birds, and all the animals that have one sign.

If man wrote the Torah he would not put in a list because it would be impossible to know all of the animals and birds. What would happen if in a few years someone would come up with an animal that is not on this list? And has the right signs? Only the creator of this world can list every thing.

I love this thank you!

GLUE

Post Sat, May 28 2022, 11:09 pm
In Living Emna on the Parsha:

I never heard this before.

When two people sign a contract there is a clause that if one backs out he will pay the other one some money. The bigger the deal the higher the amount of money the person has to pay.

What is the purpose of all the Curses listed in Parsha's Bechukosai?

Hashem wanted to impress on the Jews how important the Torah is, that is why the penalty for not keeping it is so hie.

GLUE

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 7:45 am
Parsha Korach

It says there will never be a fight like Korach. What does that mean?

It means that there will never be a fight that one side is 100% right and one side is 100% wrong.
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Recent Topics

Page 4 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h