Home

BY of the Five Towns (new school)
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 10:08 am
I saw an ad in the paper that a new school called BY of the five towns is opening for September 22. Anyone have information on this. Where will they be located, who is behind it and what exactly are they looking for.

I don’t have a girl who is starting school next year so I don’t need contact info I just curious to hear more about it.
Back to top

amother




Jade
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 11:23 am
Are you talking about BYAM (Ateres Miriam)?
It's an established k-8 school that is now opening a HS.
They're located in FR.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 11:25 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Are you talking about BYAM (Ateres Miriam)?
It's an established k-8 school that is now opening a HS.
They're located in FR.


Nope. The Jewish home Had a full page add for a new school opening September of 22 named by of five townns.
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 11:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Nope. The Jewish home Had a full page add for a new school opening September of 22 named by of five townns.

Can you post the add please?

Edit: found it, it’s on page 25

https://www.fivetownsjewishhom.....ssue/


Last edited by Ema of 4 on Fri, Oct 15 2021, 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

amother




NeonBlue
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 11:42 am
I haven't heard anything about a new school other than BYAM's new high school.

Elementary or high school?
Back to top

amother




Yolk
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 11:42 am
I heard rumors of a new high school opening in Hewlett. I believe a principal from tag was switching over there. Is that what you are talking about?
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 11:44 am
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
I haven't heard anything about a new school other than BYAM's new high school.

Elementary or high school?

The add doesn’t say
I’d be very weary of a school that posts an add without any info….
I wonder if it’s the high school that was going to open this year (maybe in Inwood? Someone Shepard or something like that?) but then they didn’t….


Last edited by Ema of 4 on Fri, Oct 15 2021, 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

amother




Hyssop
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 11:44 am
amother [ Yolk ] wrote:
I heard rumors of a new high school opening in Hewlett. I believe a principal from tag was switching over there. Is that what you are talking about?


That was going to be a high school, and it fell through. I wonder if this is related though.
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 11:46 am
amother [ Yolk ] wrote:
I heard rumors of a new high school opening in Hewlett. I believe a principal from tag was switching over there. Is that what you are talking about?

Yea, that’s the one I was talking about. It was supposed to open this current year, but then it didn’t.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 12:00 pm
Rabbi shepherd highschool was going to be in Hewlet and the name was going to be Toldos by.

This school does not say highschool so I assume it’s an elementary school
But the ad talks all about generations so makes sense it is related.
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 1:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Rabbi shepherd highschool was going to be in Hewlet and the name was going to be Toldos by.

This school does not say highschool so I assume it’s an elementary school
But the ad talks all about generations so makes sense it is related.

The add says absolutely nothing, so I wouldn’t assume anything. I don’t know (nor do I particularly care) why that school didn’t open, but it could be that’s it’s opening in September, and with a different name.
Back to top

amother




Lightblue
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 1:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I saw an ad in the paper that a new school called BY of the five towns is opening for September 22. Anyone have information on this. Where will they be located, who is behind it and what exactly are they looking for.

I don’t have a girl who is starting school next year so I don’t need contact info I just curious to hear more about it.

I would actually really love another bias Yaakov option!
Back to top

ettilou




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 2:00 pm
Michelle Hirtz, formerly of Shevach for many years. She is planning to start a new high school next school year It's going to be a Bais Yaakov school with all those ideals, and taking into consideration that it's the 21st century.

I think this may be it. It was on a chat I’m on
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 2:02 pm
amother [ Lightblue ] wrote:
I would actually really love another bias Yaakov option!

Can we maybe get a school here that’s jpf? I’d love a just plain frum high school for my daughter.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 3:37 pm
ettilou wrote:
Michelle Hirtz, formerly of Shevach for many years. She is planning to start a new high school next school year It's going to be a Bais Yaakov school with all those ideals, and taking into consideration that it's the 21st century.

I think this may be it. It was on a chat I’m on


She is planning it in queens or the five towns?
Back to top

amother




Lightblue
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 3:38 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Can we maybe get a school here that’s jpf? I’d love a just plain frum high school for my daughter.

Shulamit
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 4:59 pm
amother [ Lightblue ] wrote:
Shulamit

I meant in FR, and I don’t consider Shulamit jpf. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great school, but I think it’s more to the left….maybe I’m wrong, but that’s the impression I got when we interviewed.
Back to top

ettilou




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 4:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She is planning it in queens or the five towns?


In the 5 Towns if she can get 20 families to commit.
Back to top

amother




Lightblue
 

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 5:02 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I meant in FR, and I don’t consider Shulamit jpf. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great school, but I think it’s more to the left….maybe I’m wrong, but that’s the impression I got when we interviewed.

I think most pple in far Rockaway are looking for a bias Yaakov setting. And the bias Yaakov’s here aren’t that bais yaakovy
I think shulamit is a drop left in that they are into Zionism bit otherwise I would say jpf
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Oct 16 2021, 7:50 pm
ettilou wrote:
In the 5 Towns if she can get 20 families to commit.

(Hi ettilou!!!!) This is high school?
Back to top
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling

Related Topics Replies Last Post
S/O school thread- att history nerds 47 Today at 8:29 am View last post
Name something you learned in school..... 42 Today at 5:00 am View last post
Who to go to to cut an iband near Queens or Five Towns?
by amother
0 Yesterday at 12:44 pm View last post
Screen free school days
by amother
2 Yesterday at 2:21 am View last post
by salt
Lakewood 10th grader daughter out of school. 13 Mon, Nov 29 2021, 1:21 pm View last post